• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Manually activate and pump????

gottarollwithit

Cooks with motor oil
I got an 88? 740t

How the heck do you manually activate the abs pump? Perhaps pull a relay and jump pins? Which ones???

Really don?t want to stomp the brakes to trigger the abs. Would prefer to run it for a few pulses while pressure bleeding. I got air in the system that I think is coming in/out of the pump, so I get occasionally mediocre brakes...

Bleeding the brakes in the normal method with a pressure bleeder has always gotten the air out of the system on an abs car. At least that is my experience. Maybe get a small hammer and lightly tap on the junctions when bleeding? That should break free any stuck air bubbles.

I think I?m beyond the normal situation like that. A couple yes back I had a shop replace my master. I think they somehow got air in my ABS pump and I?ve never gotten it out since.

I?ve pressure bled a couple times since then...

Mitchell manual says bleeding is done with the brake pedal, nothing else.
However (and I take zero responsibility if you fry your entire ABS system).....

RELAYS

Pump Motor Relay

1) With ECU connector still unplugged, turn ignition switch to the "ON" position. Jumper ECU terminal No. 28 to ground.

NOTE: Relay should not remain grounded for more than 2 seconds or damage to relay may occur.

2) Hydraulic Modulator should operate while jumper is installed.

Back