• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'83 244 Turbo

pshh i turboed three cars and this one still isnt running and was a established project before i ever started any of mine lol. smith, if you get a break from school and wana work on it let me know. im building that 16v engine right now ;)

030700_132900.jpg

030700_135200.jpg

030700_143500.jpg

I'm going to get it running on LH 2.2 first as I have most of the components around. Then I'll go to MS and I want to get the 16V together. I also might put the original front end on it until I can get the fenders and hood painted.

Still lots of little things like the turbo oil feed, waste gate for the 15G (now I have a 16T from the T5), etc.

Gayest project thread ever. Seriously taking the pictures is one thing, posting them is another. Are you a virgin?

Excuses first: Finally graduating in May. Just want to reiterate that this car is 70 miles away from me at school in a garage that has no tools and no heat. So come May, either I'll have time and money (and a job) or plenty of time (and no job). Either way, the car should be completed quickly.

Had to pull the engine to get the 1/4" NPT plug out that is below the water pump. Cost me a lot of time, 2 EZ outz, and a broken impact bit. Using a parker fitting to plug the stock oil feed location.

Just bought a huge snap ring pliers from McMaster to clock the 16T Mitsu that will be going on this engine. I wish Harbor Freight still carried the pliers the Mikes own.

Engine and trans are back in the car. Going to pull another LH2.2T ICU (EZK) harness as the one I had was pretty mangled. Car will run on LH2.2 with EZK just so I can drive the damn thing again. Then I will switch it to MS. I want to make a nice MS harness and I was just rushing it so I decided to go this route instead.

Cosmetically, I'm not installing the ecodes. I am going to go back to the quad squares (which will be blacked out sooner or later) with a flat hood. The ecodes will go on my DD. It's a whole new ball game now that I own (2) 240s, one that I DD.

This thing should run before spring, but will not leave the garage before then. Coilovers, sways, poly, R brakes up front, camber plates, 16T, NPR, LH2.2, iPd cam, 3" open downpipe, M46.

Still have some work to do, but all I really want to do is drive this car again.

Progress! Just needs little things before I get to find out if its gonna start or not. Little nervous with how long it has been sitting and all the LH2.2T wiring I put on it.

IMG-20120304-00111.jpg

IMG-20120304-00113.jpg

IMG-20120304-00112.jpg

IMG-20120304-00114.jpg

Back