• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I plasti-dipped my 780 Bertone.

38358559.jpg

Do you realize this is a rare car. From what i can see you ruined the eblems, the door lock cylenders, and casued about an additional 1000 in work for someone who wants to actally paint this car. I don't get it. It needed the upper surfaces painted and you completed f-ed the whole car. If you want to do work at this level why don't you go buy a 2002 honda civic where this type of paint would be welcome.

And he never again posted in this thread.

And he never again posted in this thread.

Im curious to how it held up. The paint on my roof is horrible and I have the idea to paint a subdued Union Jack there like a Mini but using plastidip for the texture.

Last edited:
Makes me wanna dip the poor ****ty 780 i have,i think doing a ww2 bomber plane type of paint on the front fenders would be interesting.Something fighter plane-ish from ww2 lol.But hell thats the least of my concerns at this point.

Awesome results though! =D

Thinking sharkmouth? I kinda like how yours looks completely stock. I love the idea of something that looks stock, sounds like s*** and can ruin many a street racer's day.

Well my 780 just has the same paint issues and no to mention the oh so common rust.But that adds character either way lol.I think ill probably leave it alone as i have other issues to worry about.Really about to make the dive into removing the old harness and swapping in the microsquirt box starting tomorrow.Least i should have the old harness out and have the new one in and pinned out to where everything needs to be.

Overall i need to still buy about a grands worth of parts to make it all come together.All the big ticket items are bought its just the small things like exhaust piping kit for instance to make the 2 up pipes that will collect to the T4 flange then running the oil return and figuring out the oil feed set up.Then not to mention the new pumps and 800cc injectors i need along with an adjustable fpr.

I think in the next 2 months or so most of this will be done,however i need to put some money into the wagon and put a new clutch in it then id be good for awhile on the daily.Always something it seems!

I approve of all of this. Its about time the TB community took up the torch of our pioneer brothers and sisters and adopted a love of matte/satin military/vintage themes.:nod:

Just like all the Honda, BMW, and VW fanboys.:rofl:

PS paint the centers gold

Back