• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pre-Davis Autox 5/14/2011

gsellstr

Vintage anti-ricer
300+ Club
It is with great excitement that I get to be the first to announce there WILL be an autocross the day before the 2011 GGVCOA Davis meet.

When: May 14, 2011, times to be announced
Where: Mather Airbase, exact location and directions to come.

Full details will come as I get them.

Right now we need volunteers for a friday afternoon/evening setup and run-thru, plus volunteers for saturday to help run the event.

Given my car is not broken in yet, I won't be running but I'll be there to help Mark with the event.

Who else is in?

Probably $35-ish I'd guess, don't have details.

We are also going to be limited to around 40 cars or so, per the agreement. Once I have more details from Mark I'll post em.

And no, for the last time, I will NOT be autox'ing the 140. I'd love to, but the clutch is done for 'conservative' driving, let alone beating on it. :grrr:

Right now we need volunteers for a friday afternoon/evening setup and run-thru, plus volunteers for saturday to help run the event.

You got one right here!

Edit: i'll be running as well, so i can't work the track for some portion.

Last edited:
Any rough idea on cost yet?

From GGVCOA registration page:
http://www.ggvcoa.org/?page_id=21&regevent_action=register&event_id=3&name_of_event=Autocross

$20 per driver (1 car), $7 per passenger. Prices include lunch.

*Registering for more than 1 car? Please register each car seperately.*

If you would like to pay for more than (2) passengers, please contact us directly.

PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE YOUR VOLVO IN PROPER WORKING ORDER, THERE WILL BE MANDATORY TECH INSPECTIONS BEFORE DRIVING THE AUTO-X COURSE.

PLEASE BRING A SNELL95 OR NEWER HELMET FOR EACH DRIVER AND PASSENGER.

Event information is also posted on the Sac Volvo Club website:
http://www.sacvolvoclub.org/Home/events#M5a

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Take care,
volvie!

At least Eric won't be there, so the cone jockey's won't need to wear a helmet hopefully...

Oh, wait...Towery will be there....dammmit.

Thanks for the links Elizabeth! Hadn't had a chance to roll over to those sites after I talked to Mark earlier today.

I'm sooo down for this.

I should be around Friday. I've got to talk to J man about accommodations.

I'm coming back from a week in Florida on Wednesday, and then heading to Davis Friday, then the next week I'm moving... FML

Kauer's have an estate? You sleeping in the back of T's wagon? Damn, hope you ain't paying for room and board!

It'll be good to finally meet ya in person towery!

I'll be a cone jockey again this year.

I should be around Friday. I've got to talk to J man about accommodations.
Your room reservations have been verified. ;-) [there's no bed in the room though, still working on that part...but the carpet is thick & comfy]

I gotta get back to BigBret too, looks like he requested lodging at my place as well...

Back