• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thelostartof LH 2.4 Chip Feedback Thread

maxman142001

I like turtles
see: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=158922

So on Saturday I got my chipped 984 fuel box from Mike(lostartof). installed it. Started right up...took it for a test drive and all I can say is WOW! You def. can tell that the car is getting more fuel. Has a slight miss to it, but nothing crazy. Had the boost set at 10psi before the chip install, shifted the car into 1st and rolled into the throttle. First impressions are improved throttle response and torque. This coupled with Fred's chipped EZK make for a wicked setup. My car isnt near stock but still no where as crazy as some other peoples cars on here. Tonight with 50'ish degree temps outside i up'd the boost alittle, turns out it was only to 11psi but the car turned into a rocketship. I still have a rich bog in 2nd gear around 3500-4000rpm. With LH still learning and alittle more boost this should go away soon. I took a spin in Mikes car and it is scary fast with his semi-wild setup. All I can say is the MAPS on these chips are awesome! Also allow all 9 series ECU's to run stupid big injectors. Im running 60lb with a 4 Bar FPR. Mike is running 75lb with a 4 Bar as well and both setups are very streetable. Here is my setup:

91 745
-208k B230ft
-HRC BIG 16g
-3" Exhaust
-MSD Ignition
-012 AMM
-Intake
-Freds EZK chip
-LAO ECU Chip
-NGK Plugs
-IPD Cam (staight up)
-Roger Dee Underdrive Pulley
-NPR Intercooler
-60lb Injectors
-TurboXS MBC

Also if anyone here has installed one of these post your results here......

Last edited:
how does it feel when the tach is in the red?

also, did you just coin LOA chip?

I dont think LOA sounds manly enough. Isn't Loa a girl's name in some cultures?

how about Mike chip or something.

I do not think he has had it in the red yet

I can tell you that in my car this chip has made a night and day difference. The throttle respone is greatly improved, mid range is very nice and smooth. The only bog that I have is at part throttle but thaty is because I am over fueling the engine with the cold start injector set to come on at 5psi. I will turn it off and fix that issuse when I find time... Ha.

The higher rev limiter is just stupid. The car just blasts past all of the revs right to the new limiter. I have the 6800 chip in my car right now and things are nice and smooth, with the big turbo, cam and other parts in the red is nice and smooth, the engine just feels like it still has more in it and wants to keep on going. But for me on pump @19psi I am happy where it is.

So far the few that have run these have all given really good feedback, I would love to see more out there with them so we can have more thoughts and opinions. We are trying to get things setup to do some dyno testing with these, right now we are going to try to get 2-3 local cars out to the track to see any improvement in 1/4 mile times and trap speeds

i also have mikes' fuel chip in my car, here is my setup:

1990 b230f+T [9.8:1]
530 head
enem V15 turbo cam
NPR intercooler
3" exhaust [1 muffler / no cat :ninja:]
LH 2.4
57trim to4e [ebay special turbo]
15psi
90+ exhaust manifold
forge CBV

i cannot report on mileage as i do not have a odometer right now. but i can echo the other's statements of better acceleration and power with mike's chip. i WAS running fred's fuel and ignition, but have swapped over to mike's fuel. i will try and swap stock and mikes ignition chips in and see what happens. there is definatly an HUGE improvement in smoothness in the engine's response with a stock turbo ECU.

Last edited:
bumpdate:

15psi is funnnny!

Tried to get a video, but didnt come out very good. Ill try and get some footage this Friday when all the 2.4 guys hit the track. This is all with the IPD cam timed straight up, I have a feeling advancing it 3 degrees(like I was running before) with cause a slight lack of traction. Anyway the chips are probly the best money I have spent in recent time.

Oh and after a tank-full of 91 octane, I jumped from 20mpg to 22mpg...not bad. And this is driving reallllly stupid :lol:

Looks like there should be some good data coming in this weekend with cars running these chips..3-4 locals and 1 dyno run in Oregon. Feedback will be posted :)

Last edited:
so no drag results from my car yet... mike's 13.9@104 run was made last night with less boost then he usually runs. maybe he can give a before and after at the strip with the new chip to show just how good they are....

We'll here's the results with the chips. Nothing to compare it against unfortunaltely other than all the other cars that also dynoed today. Highest numbers for a redblock. I need a better cam and bigger turbo looks like. Third gear pull to 120mph. 22lbs of boost. Probably too much. Not sure if the wastegate even opened. I'd of liked to have done a pull at 15lbs then 20 then maybe more to compare, but maybe next time. Car sure is running good. I shot video of most of the cars. Mine sure seemed like it revved up real fast to the limiter. I'll post the video of the day as soon as I can. 46lb CFI's. 3 inch AMM. Stock exhaust out the side with a dodge truck resonator. JAW wideband.

dyno.jpg

Simon

Last edited:
We'll here's the results with the chips. Nothing to compare it against unfortunaltely other than all the other cars that also dynoed today. Highest numbers for a redblock. I need a better cam and bigger turbo looks like.
Bested the two IPD Stage 3 850Rs that were there as well.

Back