• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1980 242 GT. A reasonable project.

I love the old cover on the "newer head" I was never able to get it to seal right with out rvt, what did you use? I kinda want to make another, its a shame later heads has non breather covers.

I used RTV... I'm skeptical that it will seal, and I assume it'll take a couple tries to get it right, but I reallly like these older valve covers. Not only having the breather (which was my primary motivation) but also the fact that it combined with the b21f intake are a bit of an homage to the factory engine setup for this car. Little things like that I think are neat.

I agree. Which is why I did that one, maybe if I can get ahold of a tig welder I could make a new one or two with the correct size holes.

M6 dowel pins and illness kept me from doing all that I had planned for the weekend.

At any rate, here are some things.

A transmission sits waiting,
photo+4.JPG

a hood is painted,
photo+3.JPG

and a fender is shiny.
photo+1.JPG

Seeing it all one color really makes me miss it. That color looks great I'm the sun! This build is going great. I can't wait to see it all together in one color again..

Things have started piling up over the past week. Once the big things go in, it'll free up a lot of space and clutter.

Having a heated garage to work in is amazing when it's seemingly below zero everyday for months.

I want to see how the rc's look when its on the ground and one color. I'm unsure if they will fit the style if the car, regardless they kickass due to there weight.

I would strongly consider boxing them after shortening, I will gladly do it for you when you come to get the strut brace.

Back