• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Any issues I should know about in installing a newer radio/CD player & satellite?

Frank_Rizzo

In a 1984 Volvo 244? I'm going to have a professional at Best Buy or somewhere like that do it. Is it basically just swapping out the radios? Thanks.

If you don't already have the radio, why not Crutchfield and DIY ? It's not that hard. Even I can do it.
What's Crutchfield mean?

How do I teach myself how to do it? I think there's some extra wiring I have to purchase ase well. Thanks for your advice!

I had the wiring jumper and could not get everything working. I pulled the 2 power wires and ground out of the factory harness and added my own speaker wires.

I just replaced a wiring harness probably installed by some kid at best buy or similar. ****ty crimps on butt connectors, ****ty wiring used between the 240 wires and radio connector. Built up 15 ohms on one speaker and 25 ohms on another. Speakers tested fine. Wiring was too blame. You don't have a friend who does anything electrical? It's not hard once you get in there, but can seem intimidating if you just look at all the wires. Or get a 240 connector to ISO harness and make sure the radio is ISO connector

Yea its easy to get the old stuff out. The biggest deal is the wiring but there is plenty of room under the driver dash to run everything.

Hell i have even wired a sub and aftermarket stereo in all my 240s (92, 92, and 85). Longest part is wiring up. Takes a total of afew hours. Wiring diagrams are online as well

Back