• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Push The Button! Nitrous Thread

Powder>Paint

Searching the forums, not too much recent info on anybody spraying..... Older posts are kinda bench racey, anybody ACTUALLY sprayed a turbo redblock? thinking of getting a two stage kit, pretty much just to look cool at Davis meet.... LMAO:rofl:

Stock internalled big rod red block, 530 head, T cam, 60 trim t3 blah blah blah

Id use stage one on a 25-50 shot to fuel spool, and second stage to spray the inter cooler.... I know i may get roasted for this thread, but im ok w that.:cool:

At the endof the day nitrous is kinda fun, and that all this car is about to me. I am not afraid to melt a mill as long as im within a hundred miles of the shop so AAA can tow me home:rofl:

Thanks!
Brett@HotSnail

spray the house down

also, 50 shots are for pussies and small children. sack up and spray it. don't waste it on the intercooler

spray the house down

also, 50 shots are for pussies and small children. sack up and spray it. don't waste it on the intercooler

Now were talking.... Sounds like youve done this! Precursor info, if sprayed will be multiport wet setup for sure. Gotta go film the first start for the motor to be sprayed, then returning for sage advice.:cool:

would be better if you had programmable management to get it to take the shot way down low where you'd really get things going

would be better if you had programmable management to get it to take the shot way down low where you'd really get things going

I totally get that. I would love to go MS, but i need this quarters shop stock of powder too!:-P First start was a, well, start! big turbo sounds cool, vid is rendering now:)

any vids of a volvo you have sprayed? pics of install? i almost have my ol lady convinced on buying a kit, so help a brotha out w pics! Itll be like my sales brochure for my CFO:rofl:

I'm putting a wet kit on my s10 once I have the valve body done and trans back together. Should be fun but I dunno how much good its gonna do me with that little ass td04 hotside

here's one.
https://youtu.be/vfKqPfEJfMM

I don't have any of it on the dyno. Just a single nozzle 100 most of the time. turned the boost up, and let the rest of the magic smoke out of the block a year ago.

Looks like it screams! what tire did it take to hook like that????:omg:

First start vid.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FEoIUKLPJhQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sixty Trim Noises w Meh audio at best

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wt2IJxX1IKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm putting a wet kit on my s10 once I have the valve body done and trans back together. Should be fun but I dunno how much good its gonna do me with that little ass td04 hotside

Naws always helps....:cool: redblock, nitrous, pickup... thats pretty legit. I like those old school vw pickups too. IDK but i think some of those got turbo diesels. But i could be wrong.

I messed with N2O a bit with my Chevy 250 inline six (Camaro for Land Speed Racing). Not a huge fan but it for sure makes power. My only caution is "Make sure you have fuel to go with the N2O" - it gets ugly and expensive if you don't. But you probably already knew that.

Dan

I messed with N2O a bit with my Chevy 250 inline six (Camaro for Land Speed Racing). Not a huge fan but it for sure makes power. My only caution is "Make sure you have fuel to go with the N2O" - it gets ugly and expensive if you don't. But you probably already knew that.

Dan

I claim to know nothing about naws except i needs me a ricer purge...... :lol:
Glad for any N2O tuning advice anyone w experience has. The fuel end was why i wanted to go multi port wet, and just jet according to plugs and WBAF...

At this rate I give it like 5 months before the OP crushes their car & quits TB

At this rate I give it like 5 months before the OP crushes their car & quits TB

:rofl:

NO way man, im here for the duration! Official partner Sponsor of the Davis meet, buy rafell tickets, win powder coat, MAYBE A TURBO??? Promise, im not gonna quit the board if i blow this up. :cool:

I gots me extra mills to melt. In addition, I would gladly hate launch my car w nitrous and no WG hooked up, on video, melting all pistons and throwing a rod into the concrete below it, for a thousand likes to my FB page. That would actually be awesome content. :rofl:

The ugly idle is improving, and the list of stuff to do before the meet is getting shorter. We will see how it all comes out, but I REALLY want to get a kit on it, just so i can be a kewl kid. And purge that b!tch. :rofl:
Shameless Plug in three, two, one...
https://www.facebook.com/HotSnailInductionWerks/

How long did Myles last? This seems to be another one of those......

i dont know a myles, but I got staying power...:cool:
As a shop car, unless i die, its all just a marketing expense. Making a ripple in the car tuning community is hard. A blazing ball of nitrous could get you noticed, or blow the hood off. :rofl:

Davis is within a hundred miles, so i def could get home via AAA.
its all about the content.
never satisfied, ALWAYS content.:-P

-Brett@HotSnail

26x10.5 15. but it doesn't really hook that well tbh. Don't have traction control set up on the car yet

Still sic. Looking to have anything powder coated? I like doing service sponsorships for racecars. Basically get something shot for no monies, and put our sticker somewhere visible on the car, and take pics of what you receive back.... :cool:

we can talk about that when the time comes. I'm a bit off from getting it back together.

I claim to know nothing about naws except i needs me a ricer purge...... :lol:
Glad for any N2O tuning advice anyone w experience has. The fuel end was why i wanted to go multi port wet, and just jet according to plugs and WBAF...

I'm a big dyno advocate and the switch to N2O is a really good time to buy some dyno time. Most dyno shops have extensive nitrous experience and will keep you out of trouble on those critical first runs. A decent shop will start you out WAY rich and then back out the fuel until everything is safe yet powerful. Doing it the other way can cost you an engine.

Remember that nitrous makes power thru 2 mechanisms. Primarily, it's an oxidizer with a significantly higher amount of O2 than ambient air (air has about 21% - I'd have to look up the % in nitrous). This enables the addition of more fuel into the engine and the combination means more power. However, if there isn't enough fuel it'll burn whatever IS available and the next most combustible thing there is aluminum - bye-bye piston crowns. Nitrous also acts as an intake charge coolant, meaning you can pack a more dense intake charge into the combustion chamber. This is why you use N2O and not just bottled oxygen (though O2 will make more power but is harder to control).

Just a "BTW" - NOBODY who actually works with these systems EVER calls it "NOS (naws)". That's a trade name for a company called Nitrous Oxide Systems which is a perfectly decent organization. They DO NOT call the gas "NOS", either. That comes from movie references when writers, clearly not car people, were trying to make the characters sound cool by uttering sounds that simply showed that the writers didn't know the car world. Sadly this has caught on with folks who mostly saw a movie but really aren't car folks either.

So it's N2O or (usually) just nitrous. You'll sound cool and not like a wanna be.

Dan

Back