• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Manual Swap-Firewall plate question

billkaz

Bomber Dream
Question about swapping the firewall plate for a 240 manual swap.

How has everyone handled the steering column portion of the swap?

3f9cc1f6-464d-441b-97ff-009d8df39536_da3010f_p_1500px.png

I handled it by not swapping it, and drilling a hole for my clutch cable.

Me too. Ain't NOBODY got time fo dat.

Well, maybe if you were going to do an OMGSOJDM LHD/RHD swap.

One little bitty pilot hole, then a bit of hogging out with a cone bit until it was big enough.

I didn't even swap the whole pedal bracket, I just cut off the outer piece and bolted that in to support the outer edge of the clutch pedal - the middle part of the auto pedal bracket had all the holes in the right places. Also swapped the brake pedal.

Yeah, just drill it. a 9/16" bit or a unibit works, and you can get a drill up under the dash. As long as you get the hole in the ballpark, it'll work fine.

I drilled mine engine bay side. My "ballpark" was a little bigger than it needed to be, which was extremely convenient because the SECOND hole I made was only really able to be like 10% closer lol... it works though.

All y'all extra fancy. Hand crank and extensions. Just kidding. I attacked some of the holes from the inside and some from the outside. Which ever I thought I had the most control even if it was at quite an angle. Not to close is close enough in this case.

another +1 for drilling the panel. I went with the gymnastics method and did it under the dash after the old pedal-box was removed

Back