• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

HUB's 1968 122s Wagon Project

Good Morning Everyone,

Have continued to work on the fuel setup the last few days. I used copper/ nickel hard line for most of it (-6). Ran out of fittings, so I have a flex black line for one part. Will work on fixing that later. If I can find another solution, then it will be rocking that.

Still need to make a return back into the tank. This is the part I'm not looking forward to. Will try to see if can use the filler neck.

Will put some sound deadening material in to help with any loud noises coming from the pumps (thank you Tfrasca for the advice on this).

Thanks,

6ZSEDNel.jpg

DFZt9Ikl.jpg

OPvIgnXl.jpg

Good Evening,

Got the J-pipe back today to test the fitment. Everything seemed to come together nicely with no major issues. Will send it back out tomorrow to have finished.

MWPdBnHl.jpg

dW3avR2l.jpg

vj8NO9ul.jpg

UeOwj4rl.jpg

JIcdKDNl.jpg

Thanks,

Good Afternoon,

Continued to work on the fuel setup this afternoon. If there is such thing as a favorite line, this is it. Haha. Yes, I'm a loser. Need to make one more and add a few adel clamps and some aircraft hardware :cool:

jUY8B2Xl.jpg

HVlUjU2l.jpg

Thanks,

Can you still remove the particle board on the tank? Not a big deal, just annoying if you have to mess with your fuel level sender. Having made general maintenance items very difficult on my car, I am starting to notice things like that.

Can you still remove the particle board on the tank? Not a big deal, just annoying if you have to mess with your fuel level sender. Having made general maintenance items very difficult on my car, I am starting to notice things like that.

Yes it can. It’s shorter on the one side to allow that. Hard to tell with the pictures.

Thanks,

Good Afternoon,

Been doing some more work on the 122. Progress is slow, but still moving forward.

Plumbing done for the fuel setup.
cXq4ELil.jpg

Had the exhaust manifold milled and mounted everything today. Also put in the oil drain line (may change this setup later).
b9X3oo7l.jpg

XYzoyJAl.jpg

1meLqLMl.jpg

o2Gtnavl.jpg

BsMhhsDl.jpg

Thanks,

Good Morning,

Started wiring up the fuel setup... Still not finished, but it's a work in progress.

DCOTAvil.jpg

aW1Yuowl.jpg

t3F1BVhl.jpg

Thanks,

Looking good. In the pic showing your WG and UCA, I see locknuts facing the exhaust system..... those are not NYLOCK, are they? If YES, they won't survive long with the radiant heat applied. If NO, good thinking!

I almost made the NYLOCK mistake on my 70 Chevelle.... caught it before disaster.

Nylock nuts survive that spot surprisingly well. My j pipe, and around the world down pipe was as close if not closer and the new nylocks held up. Not saying it’s not better for peace of mind to use a knut or pinched metal lock nut, but I think it should be fine.

Looks great Hub. I can’t wait until it’s done.

Thank you everyone. The exhaust will be wrapped and some shielding will be applied. I’ll keep an eye on it. If i see any issues, it’s easy to swap out out.

Thanks,

Back