• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1+1=245

Got a chance to swap out the front door panels from back to blue. I was unable to find any with the correct pattern/color and in good condition at the yards so I bought a whole car that had them - 1985 turbo 244
while there I installed my door seal and fixed the intermittent problem with the driver front door lock actuator

ps which speaker cover do you think works best - blue or the late model with black ring ?

used a semi thick garbage bag for the moisture barrier - it's what I had around
8z3r.jpg

ygmv.jpg

kghg.jpg

cleaned the actuator contacts with goo off and later shrink tubed the whole thing - forgot to take picture
bcet.jpg

kf2a.jpg

eat your swag out 240240
rear view mirror with temp/ compass mode
auto dimming
l06r.jpg

Dangness..nice..don't make me dig deep In the swag cave to pull out some more unicorns out of my ass....;-):-D BTW.....blue interior ftw!!!!!

everything you need to know to install this
This mirror does not fit the stock location because
- volvo has a ball pivot on the base while the mirror has the ball pivot on the mirror

Wiring diagram
s5yr.jpg

I hooked up +12V to fuse #1

Calibtation
To turn off/on Auto-Dim function - Hold "temp" button for 6-10 seconds
To switch temp from F to C - Hold "temp" button until display shows F press "Temp" again to switch to C
To set compass - Hold "comp" button fro 3 seconds unitl number appears, press "comp" button unitl your regison appears

Region map
compass_variance.gif

Installation
I took my mirror to a glass shop to have them glue in the metal base tab - it was only $5 and done right(about the same as what the products will cost you at a parts store)

picture of it installed
9qs6.jpg

On 245s the old mirror plate will leave much to be desired. I sanded a broken mirror base and will paint it black when done.
Note how the thread gets exposed when you remove material.
i68t.jpg

I put some epoxy in the hole, sanded it smooth and painted simi gloss black to match the base
1oux.jpg

On 245 I had to drill a hole in the upper windshield trim (244/242 are a little different but you get the picture)
- NOTE I did not remove my trim all the way because of the windshield glue was all over the place and just drilled a hole while in car. Be careful not to drill into your windshield

gndu.jpg

You have to remove the A-pillar trim and run wire behind it
ubk3.jpg

I will have a switch to toggle between two sensors one for outside temp and one for the 3rd seat inside area so I know how hot/cold my kids are.
NOTE: I ran the sensor inside the cab on dashboard- sensor is not fast to react, it would get hot inside the cab and temp would still read in the 40s - took some time to get to the correct temp. I will have to put "in cab sensor" on hold until I find one that works instantly and is compatibale with mirror

b8kq.jpg

7onj.jpg

zt5t.jpg

ran the sensor wires through a hole under the hood latch cable
ob2x.jpg

Installed the sensor in front of the radiator - 2 zip ties were used :roll:
31h9.jpg

Last edited:
What is that mickey mouse ish going on with the hall plug on that dizzy

And why did you pull the head????everything looks clean

What is that mickey mouse ish going on with the hall plug on that dizzy

And why did you pull the head????everything looks clean

Good eye on the dizzy. The replacement dizzy took a crap after 500 miles and I had no other choice but to get the one with the broken wires back on. I soldered in new wires while waiting for new hall sensor to arrive. Its been on for about a month:roll:

pulled the head because #4 exhaust studs were broken off inside OG head.
On new head I ported the intake and exhaust. Also B cam is going on.

(as said 2-3 pages back)

Last edited:
head is on
Im going to walk to the nearest autoshop - about 3 blocks away - to have them drill out a broken exhaust manifold stud while I put everything else back on

6hw6.jpg

vedy.jpg

Back