• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel/Spark tuning for LH 2.4/EZK with TunerPro!

Another thing I think I remember that may be of interest, is that you can use any ignition chip in any chippable EZK. You don't have to have the bin specific to a certain EZK module. Is that correct? Pretty sure it is. So, one could take that -208 bin and use it in their -146 computer if that's what they have. Make sure you are using a N/A bin for an N/A car and Turbo bin for a Turbo car though, you may not be satisfied with the results...

You can use 27SF512 chips too (those are EEPROMS, so no UV-needed for erasing). I didnt get those to work yet though. Those have twice the memory size too so you can use those to have switchable mapping.

Start programming half way into the chip at 8000 and 512 chips will work....

Start programming half way into the chip at 8000 and 512 chips will work....

I tried 'chip start' at 0x8000 but no result. Looking at the software (topwin6) later i realised that maybe 'buffer start' at 0x8000 could have worked? Strange thing was that with pin 15 not plugged in but bent away it still didnt work. Also when starting at the normal value (buffer and chip start at 0000) the car didnt want to start with it. the chip didnt give any trouble when writing/reading.

And, I didn't know you could tune on the fly immediately like that with ipdown's software! Are you able to mess with the mapping as well? That's sweet that you can immediately tweak stuff like that. I'm ordering one now.

You can change whilst the engine is running yeah, you can also change cell values in fuel mapping (with the engine running). Works really nice with a co-driver that operates the notebook:cool:

Beepee, so I haven't really messed with TunerPro much, but now that I downloaded your "kit", I'm not having any success with the provided xdf/bin combos. When I open them up, I get no data, no maps, nothing except values of 0, and not always as many as I would expect to see.

I have a 984 xdf file off of ECUproject that I can use to open up some of my other 900 series bins and have a look at things, but I can't open any bin successfully(EZK or LH) with either of your xdf files. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Last edited:
Beepee, so I haven't really messed with TunerPro much, I was mostly toying around with ipdown's software, but now that I downloaded your "kit", I'm not having any success with the provided xdf/bin combos. When I open them up, I get no data, no maps, nothing except values of 0, and not always as many as I would expect to see.

I have a 984 xdf file off of ECUproject that I can use to open up some of my other 900 series bins and have a look at things, but I can't open any bin successfully(EZK or LH) with either of your xdf files. Anyone else having trouble with this?

I did. Which is why i asked if you needed ostrich software first. I open the xdf, then the bin and get zero, zilch, nada. I am going to toy with it more later. There are a lot of how tos for tuner pro.

Gotcha, yeah, something is amiss then.

noob question - what is a bin file?
It's a file ending in .bin that contains all the numbers that the ECU/EZK looks at to determine what it's supposed to be doing at any given time. So, we modify that, and get custom maps that work for our application.

Not sure what's gone wrong... Driving home, will check soon. Sorry, guess thats what I get for waking up at 6am.

Beepee, so I haven't really messed with TunerPro much, I was mostly toying around with ipdown's software, but now that I downloaded your "kit", I'm not having any success with the provided xdf/bin combos. When I open them up, I get no data, no maps, nothing except values of 0, and not always as many as I would expect to see.

I just re-downloaded my zip file onto my PC at home and it seems to work just fine. Are you using TunerPro v5?

I'll add a step-by-step for setting up TunerPro into the OP. Just make sure you are opening the XDF with the XDF drop down menu, and the BIN with the regular file menu... I have accidentally opened XDFs as BINs before and been confused, :oops: so perhaps that's what's going on?

It'd be really nice to have some type of definitions in the first post so it'd shed light on the subject so it's not all words some people may not know. There's new lingo here I don't know so maybe the gurus can help everyone out here?

It'd be really nice to have some type of definitions in the first post so it'd shed light on the subject so it's not all words some people may not know. There's new lingo here I don't know so maybe the gurus can help everyone out here?

OP updated with description of XDFs and BIN files.

I tried 'chip start' at 0x8000 but no result. Looking at the software (topwin6) later i realised that maybe 'buffer start' at 0x8000 could have worked? Strange thing was that with pin 15 not plugged in but bent away it still didnt work. Also when starting at the normal value (buffer and chip start at 0000) the car didnt want to start with it. the chip didnt give any trouble when writing/reading.

JW, may be speed rating is wrong? Most memories have access time in ns (e.g. 27C256-70, that 70 is access time), if this chip has slower access time LH will have trouble reading from it.

Nice thread indeed. Stay tuned, very very soon the new version of my software will be released ;)
Reg. tunerpro - nice piece of software, but unfortunately still very buggy, frequent crashes, no compatibility between XDF versions, and sometimes weird user interface. Considering the small utilities I wrote, they were a hack and the new version will be a lot more useable, offering preliminary support for most used EZK chips - 147,169,208 and 219

Back