View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #15
BDKR
Section 9

Awesome! Someone beat me to it. I have a 530 on the way that I'm going to do the exact same thing to. I PM'd Fred (fpre: The chip guy) about burning a different ignition chip with revised timing to take advantage of the grooves but it doesn't look like he'll be able to do so.

You MS guys certainly have the advantage here.

Kenny: Would you be capable of burning an ignition chip that could take advantage of this mod?

Les: Did you only do one groove for now? Also, how deep did you make yours? I don't want to cut too deep and ruin the head. I have a ported 530 that I wanted to do the same thing too based on how my trial head worked out. However, if you are seeing success with B230's, I may skip the trial and go straight to my ported 530.

Nice work ripper. I was about to do the grooves and test then post back, but it looks like I'm about to get some good info about it without doing it myself.

Cheers,
BDKR

Knuth also cites a letter sent to him by Dijkstra, in which the latter adds some nuance to this earlier statements: "Please don't fall into the trap of believing that I am terribly dogmatical about [the go to statement]. I have the uncomfortable feeling that others are making a religion out of it, as if the conceptual problems of programming could be solved by a single trick, by a simple form of coding discipline!"