• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 242 2,5 16v widebody build

I have a 2.66 first with a 4.30 rear gear and a 25 inch tall tire. Seems to work really well. The redblock doesnt seem to have the low end tq to have a lower ratio for the take off. Track car only? cuz 4th gear is going to suck on the highway!

Hm, ok.. Good to hear other peoples experiences.! I think ill try with a 4:10 rear, its easy to switch later if it doesnt work

What type of paint did you use on the block? And color code of that smoking hot paint!! :oogle:

just standard car paint on spray can, but i only use good quality spraypaint.. i hate the cheap **** that needs 10 layers to give a good finish! i also used Car System etch primer first!

i cant remember the color code, ill have to check the spray can :p

Hi

I see a coolant pipe running into the welsh plugs on the engine. What are you going to do with the cooling are you going with a external water pump ????

yes, i have a davis electric waterpump! the stock water holes in the block and the head will be blocked of!

doing some other work in between all the volvo stuff to :p

a friends benz Drift car! he needs more steering angle (or what you call it) and that raises the need for more room! so, only one thing to do.. whipp out the MIG and start making widebody fenders :p

350_zps3634a227.jpg

well, working night and day with the benz at the moment! both the benz and my volvo is to get painted in february, so no time to waste!

Pobably need a week or to more to complete the fab work on that blody benz..

352_zpsd9822efd.jpg

Arent the wheelhouses a way too extreme? ;)

well, this wont be a true dtm car anyway :p (actualy its a drift car) and the owner wanted it to be this wide! anyway, even with the new front wheelhouses, its a realy thight fit! aiming for close to 70 degrees turning angle!!

this is fun :)

365_zpsd159afe6.jpg

366_zpsc9c23eb9.jpg

All sound deadning is now removed :) less weight and more noise :p

more room is needed for the american gearbox! cut out a part of the tunnel and quickly fabd up a simple replacment.. but i need to test fit the box before i finish it!

367_zps2b86816c.jpg

finished! only thing left is to cut the hole for the gearstick! but i need to have the box in the car first, so i know exactly where to make the hole :p

371_zpsb5011b35.jpg

Also bought the paint today! same color as my bike :) dark gray metalic (old honda color)
370_zpsebaba212.jpg

well, the paint booth came out good! good lighting and roomy! actualy, the doors is behind me in the first picture!

the floor isnt finished yet, but since we dont have time right now, ill just put some water on it before paint!

381_zps03eb2964.jpg

382_zps35b50d25.jpg

Back