• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 front lip opinions?

did you do a writeup on how you made that lip? It looks really good. Is it a modded 940 lip?

Yes, it is a modded 940 lip. I did not do a writeup, but I suppose I should. It actually took a lot of work to make, lots of trial and error.
Fitzy helped me A LOT..but essentially, we took two 940 lips, cut them up..so that it was wide enough for the SE bumper. We clamped the middle part together temporarily, and then worked on each side individually. We used a heat gun on the sides to bend and twist it to match the curve of the SE bumper. It was a pain in the neck.
To secure the cut pieces together, we used thin strips of aluminum on the back, and automotive grade adhesive with a caulking gun to secure it down. Then, we used some automotive grade sandable filler for the front parts to fill the cracks...sanded it down, and painted it. Its not the most elegant lip, but it does the job and I think it finished off the bumper nicely.

Back