• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What year bumper to replace commandos with?

Extrusions are generally straight, how the heck do they get the 90deg bends on the ends?

I think the US version were heavier

If I remember correctly, it's mainly the shock that's the difference. The face bar is the same, but 1974-80 European cars had lighter-duty shocks. The 1986-93 US bumpers use the 1975-85 US/CDN commando bumper shocks, but with modified flanges where the face bar mounts to them. So, I've started referring to those as plastic commandos, since, dead-on, they're almost as strong as the early bumpers, but they have the plastic cover, instead of the rubber strips and the bar itself is thinner gauge. They also don't have any side protection.

-J

That right of a radius and having a lip with no distortion?

Your continual questioning reached the end of my knowledge so I called the motherland using "Dail a Sweed." 17 out of 20 people I talked to said that since it's been more than 33 years since the last C?mand? bumber was made they could tell me. It turns out children as their kindergarten thesis all over rural Sweden and Norway hand to hand carve 10 of these bumpers or would be sold to the Russians. Boys made the front bumpers and girls, should go without saying, made the rear.

Edit: if you press *5#16*240 at the end of that number it still works

Last edited:
Back