• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jah 240 Plus Turbooo

*WARNING dial up users...of pictures*

I got my hydro finished and i got to do some cageless tandems and ridealongs this past weekend!

The first idea for a handle was a machete but it flexed side to side too much. Next idea seemed solid, using the top of a cymbal stand from an old drum set but that snapped. The final winning idea was my old little league baseball bat. Its strong and really lightweight since its all aluminum. Its also got a really nice handle since its made to grab with your hands haha.

Gt3dXmV.jpg

RY4OjaN.jpg

The welds aren't the prettiest but they're strong. My oil return has a little leak and i guess its been spraying down the transmission tunnel so i was part time firefighter the whole time it was being welded in.

5y3QTmA.jpg

The spot its in is great. Its comfortable and at the right height and angle.

Saturday morning was the local cars and coffee and a lot of the local volvo guys were able to make it out...for the first time haha. I went out there and we all squaded up. You may have seen the build thread of green wagon on here before (Sharingan 19). It finally made its first drive in a looooong time haha.

fZmj35d.jpg

Then i left for Gainesville for an awesome event. They actually allowed careless tandems and ridealongs. They also gave me a windshield banner which works great as a sun visor.

FswZ7Bx.jpg

Hydro locks up great!

y6dnwQT.jpg

ZkPoO3F.jpg

d2rRtVA.jpg

Z5b5Hp7.jpg

l7pZ6pt.jpg

hU78eRj.jpg

QrfKcbM.jpg

Looks like my little brother loved the ride alongs haha

udn7qt0.jpg

My first tandem ever and i was chased down by an LS swapped s13 with angle mods and a really good driver haha...I looked more like a James Bond suspect chase scene stunt driver...

3L2xiip.jpg

4oKxAaq.jpg

Ed23gc8.jpg

It just so happens that the best picture of my tire smoke was taken with the same camera used to photograph bigfoot...

tPjGYpX.jpg

U make me happy and upset at the same time! Happy for your fun adventures and drifting but upset that my car is not in that shoot at the meet when I was pretty much the first to start on the brick. Everyone has put their cars together in half the time and James even has two wagons done!!!
Freaking BS war on terror.

U make me happy and upset at the same time! Happy for your fun adventures and drifting but upset that my car is not in that shoot at the meet when I was pretty much the first to start on the brick. Everyone has put their cars together in half the time and James even has two wagons done!!!
Freaking BS war on terror.

Haha, yeahhh man, we really missed you there for sure! That spot on the left was open for you in spirit haha

Really entertaining thread, man! Good on you for all the hacks and tricks and dodgy DIY stuff. Very original throughout. Nice work :-)

My favourite picture:

tW2FxB4.jpg

Maaaaaaaaaan, i had a nice long full update all typed out aerated my computer crashed...typed out again and crashed again, 2 more times! Im just gonna post all the pictures with brief captions.

Thought about doing this...
2paEWga.jpg

40CByRB.jpg

Ended up going with this...
3XBby59.jpg

6plcWyN.jpg

Traded my friend for this
Vaa0kaB.jpg

Found this in my trunk, haven't put it in
FWqYTcm.jpg

My friend got me these for my birthday, they aren't coming off this time
j4fYh4B.jpg

VGOeN6a.jpg

Rack needed to go back on
PBN5yw6.jpg

Made it to Cars and Coffee with all the local Volvo guys, that was awesome! Casons (Mr. Brown) car looks amazing and its driving!

Missed Jacksonville Volvo Owners Dyno Day, got there way too late. Jacksonville has some redblocks putting down solid numbers!

Drift event was a blast and the car held up great
0uLptng.jpg

I took this thing on vacation to sea world and then decided since i was close, id meet up with some friends a little further south for some drifting. Car felt great, even though i got stuck twice haha.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sdx5hGUms58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then i finally turned up the boost to 12psi and found a weak link. This past weekend there was another drift event and i blew the same intercooler coupler all night haha. Also since it was a night event, i threw these on...

NpHvGag.jpg

Wired the stock switch
r5DWkga.jpg

To a relay i got from another car
UhCaNYR.jpg

Only one had a mounting bracket
LsETyyG.jpg

So i sacraficed my winshield washer fluid container bracket...already bent at 90 degrees haha
xLFr3ZT.jpg

Worked perfect
4rtpK1w.jpg

Met up with some more 240's...6 more to be exact.
2KhaOnH.jpg

I have a solid parts collection waiting to go on! The band is making progress and we're finally heading out to California (taking the 745ti haha) from the 24th to the 7th so progress will be slow until after that. But hopefully i'll have some good updates for y'all soon!

Last edited:
You can. Just hop in and roll. I want to do a get together for dinner and cruise when my car is back together again from its destructive maiden voyage.

You can stay the night up here at either my place or do like James and sleep in the car lol. Good times.

Adam, look good homie. Now out s real turbo on and make some more power!

You can. Just hop in and roll. I want to do a get together for dinner and cruise when my car is back together again from its destructive maiden voyage.

You can stay the night up here at either my place or do like James and sleep in the car lol. Good times.

Thanks! I have a nice Ford turbo which i found out is a "Super 60" and is the largest t3 garrett made. It was just rebuilt, too!

Wagonlyfe!

Well.....a somber yet VERY thankful update.....

I am most definitely Volvo for Life.

My band JAHMEN finally made the trip out to the west coast. We prepared the good ol 1990 745 turbo intercooler for what was about to be a true test. After loading the trailer, we estimate it to be around 2400lbs for this little wagon to tow across the country, through the mountains and desert, and all the way back. As we set off, it was looking promising. We were getting some bad mileage and it wasn't running that great but it still pulled and we didnt have much choice, full commitment.

RKdAbU1.jpg

We first went to Visalia, Roseville, Hanford, San Jose, Oakdale, Santa Cruz, Santa Ana, Oceanside, and then to Huntington. When we got to the pier, being surfers as well, we stopped and looked around. When we started the car back up, we had some serious rod knock... Not having much choice, we kept truckin along on up to Santa Monica, back to Santa Ana, drove through Hollywood Hills in the tight winding neighborhoods lookin around, and then down to the final stop in San Diego. That little redblock still puttin in work! Finally we begin our trip back home to Jacksonville, Florida. We didnt stop anywhere except for gas and food, just cruisin along makin good time. As we pass through Tallahassee, Florida at around 4:00AM all excited that we're 2 hours away, everything changes....

bli9Ttr.jpg

Somehow we went off the road, heading straight for a guard rail. Careful not to turn too quick in fear of rolling, I tried to pull the car back on road before we hit. I knew it wasn't quick enough so i said "hold on...." and we hit it with im guessing the front left fender/corner light.

DhM1fCZ.jpg

v5tD6X4.jpg

qOJesRc.jpg

Ce4Qnzj.jpg

After seeing it, I can not possibly be more thankful to know that all 4 of us got ourselves outta that car. We all walked to the ambulance and were all discharged from the hospital and on our way home that same day.

I suffered a sprained ankle and AC joint, some cuts and scrapes, lower back pain, and most likely a concussion. The front passenger only has some lower back pain. Back right passenger has a larger cut in the top of the foot and needed stitches, and the worst was the back left passenger, behind me. He has a soreness in the shoulder, cuts and scrapes, and a non-displaced fractured C1 vertebrae.

The car and trailer were totaled, along with a lot of the music equipment. Unfortunately, we didn't have collision insurance on the car and no insurance on the trailer. The gear wasn't covered at all either. We are so fortunate to have such good friends and family, they set up a gofundme for us and wont stop helping us get back on our feet.

Unfortunately, this means itll be a little longer until i can make my car better or even get to drift. In normal driving, i found it hard and painful to turn right....cant imagine actually throwing the wheel hahaha.

Until next time...

*edit*
I figured maybe ill add the gofundme link if anyone is interested. The money is going first to medical bills, then gear, then transportation and a trailer. Anything is appreciated!

https://www.gofundme.com/2ac9mkus

Glad everyone is OK. Only in a Volvo do you walk away. 4:00 am, no stopping. Nodding and driving?

Back