• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sourcing pistons, rods and bearings for custom build

Chrisco

WRC addict
Hey all. I'm carrying on with a long delayed performance build. It's my first time doing a real engine build. For those experienced in building custom engines...Where/what companies did you acquire your pistons, rods and bearings from?
My build is N/A and I have yet to see pistons made for B23s with higher compression.

I'd talk to Yoshifab. Josh has some great pistons and rods and can help spec out some internals based on your goals.

Hey all. I'm carrying on with a long delayed performance build. It's my first time doing a real engine build. For those experienced in building custom engines...Where/what companies did you acquire your pistons, rods and bearings from?
My build is N/A and I have yet to see pistons made for B23s with higher compression.

Only done 8-10 B21 or B23 custom builds (and helped--supplied stuff for a few more including a fast B20) Most 8v, but one was B23 w 16v head and cams I made a run of for the old Knox Motorsport..

Rods : me
Pistons: J&E or CP--via me..dealer for both.
bearings: where you can get Clevite 77 or GLYCO cheap enough.

Valves, springs and cams--Sweden

What use of car? Road car? what gearbox?

And separately : Following Rally GB or whatever they're calling WRC in UK now?
T?nak 28,8 seconds up on Neuville and 31s on Latvala...that's only one spin.

Only done 8-10 B21 or B23 custom builds (and helped--supplied stuff for a few more including a fast B20) Most 8v, but one was B23 w 16v head and cams I made a run of for the old Knox Motorsport..

Rods : me
Pistons: J&E or CP--via me..dealer for both.
bearings: where you can get Clevite 77 or GLYCO cheap enough.

Valves, springs and cams--Sweden

What use of car? Road car? what gearbox?

And separately : Following Rally GB or whatever they're calling WRC in UK now?
T?nak 28,8 seconds up on Neuville and 31s on Latvala...that's only one spin.

:oogle:
lofq9jZl.jpg

rnze0gGl.jpg

Luv5HlEl.jpg

Back