• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

PRV V6 to V6 turbo

Mathieu

Sometimes you have that question in your head: would it be possible?

Is it possible to turn a non-turbo V6 into a V6 turbo by swapping for example intake- and exhaust manifolds + turbo of a Renault 25 V6 Turbo?
And, more important: would it fit into the engine bay?

Maybe someone did it already, maybe you have thoughts about it?
I'm not only curious but maybe want to give it a try.

No you won?t

Answers like this make me even more curious.
I am not just stubborn but incredebly stubborn.
I don't take no just for an answer :-)

So tell me why I won't?

"There is a solution for every problem.
If there is no solution, there is no problem" :rofl:

Answers like this make me even more curious.
I am not just stubborn but incredebly stubborn.
I don't take no just for an answer :-)

So tell me why I won't?

"There is a solution for every problem.
If there is no solution, there is no problem" :rofl:

Do it...You'll soon find that the connecting rods are weaker than sh!t.
They bend, and some break..Big mess then..
But solve that and they are amazing motors for making 500 hp.

Then you have other problems...clutch, gearbox and back axle just to mention a few..
For example gearbox---the one local V6 turbo killed 2 Quaiffe gearsets in Volvo box in under 20 minutes.
It also twisted off 7 or 8 rear axles even with the low grip on which it was used.

And if you are not trying to make 500 hp, then there's really no point.

Sometimes you have that question in your head: would it be possible?

Is it possible to turn a non-turbo V6 into a V6 turbo by swapping for example intake- and exhaust manifolds + turbo of a Renault 25 V6 Turbo?
And, more important: would it fit into the engine bay?

Maybe someone did it already, maybe you have thoughts about it?
I'm not only curious but maybe want to give it a try.

Has it been done? Yes.

Easy? Sure if you are willing to spend what it takes to do it right.

Doing it right starts with a B-280E. Not an odd-firing lump with garbage heads.

Forged Pistons. H-Beam rods. Choose the right Renault exhaust manifolds to feed the right turbo. Big charge cooler. Programmable engine management.

Plan on drivetrain able to live with 500+lb/ft of torque.

Or.... Purchase a car with big power and drivetrain to match that an OEM built with a warranty for pennies on the dollar for what you will spend/break/laugh your ass off in the process of lighting metric tons of dollars on fire during the process of learning that yeah.... It can be done and 90% of the fun could be had with a stock 211 E-55 for 20% of the money.

I did it. Car still throws rocks at spectators. Cody loves it now.

I found a donor Renault 25 turbo for only € 700
Don't know if I can find those parts at a junkyard but it's worth ging it a try.

Watch for horribly restrictive exhaust, Intake ect. Seems like the Renault you are picking parts from Is small displacement too. I did 93X73 in the rallycar. Later 92X79. Stroked it is a different animal.
Current project is 96X86.

Across the pond there is a flavor of PRV six that got the cross bolted mains block, two valve heads and 93mm bore size. Start with that one.

That is IF you are serious. I have answered too many e-mails to count from those who get stars in their eyes, want/need to be babysat through the whole process... Have sold parts to a several who were quite certain they were going to do this for a total of three turbo sixes that got finished.... One on this side of the pond. Mine.

Last edited:
3.0 liter PRV used in AMC Eagle Premier 88-91 (Renault) and Dodge Monaco 90-92. Not sure what this engine may have been installed in in Europe.

Because you are not doing it, you are typing stuff.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hnFdTXtFdSE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post pictures.

Fun fact. Al Mulock the actor who gets shot in the video you posted, hung himself after a day of shooting the western "Once Upon a Time in the West".

Carry on.

Fun fact. Al Mulock the actor who gets shot in the video you posted, hung himself after a day of shooting the western "Once Upon a Time in the West".

Carry on.

:nono:

I Did not know that, just cheked it, that is a weird story.
He actually jumped from a hotel room.

That is one of my favourite movie.

2jp0qm.jpg

Back