• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Squirterizational mod RENTAL KIT for INCREASED PERFORMANCE

Before drilling you normally always punch a center point so you can accurately drill the hole.

I was thinking to have a surfacing tool with 7mm pilot so that you only need to drill once instead of several different sizes.

Did anyone ever find a volvo spec for the torques on the stock squirters? Not the "these are hollow so only 12ft-lbs" guess. They have tapered seats, and took a hell of a lot to break loose at an ambient temp of about 80F. The OD of the threads is like M5 or M6, kind of like brake bleeder screws. My guess would be more like 25-40 ft-lbs. I'm looking at the TP30871/1 manual, and it doesn't mention them at all.

Did anyone ever find a volvo spec for the torques on the stock squirters? Not the "these are hollow so only 12ft-lbs" guess. They have tapered seats, and took a hell of a lot to break loose at an ambient temp of about 80F. The OD of the threads is like M5 or M6, kind of like brake bleeder screws. My guess would be more like 25-40 ft-lbs. I'm looking at the TP30871/1 manual, and it doesn't mention them at all.

For a solid 8.8 grade fastener, in general, M6 would have a max torque 9lb-ft and M8 would have a max torque of 21lb-ft.

Since these are hollow and probably M8 or M10 thread, I'd say that a torque of ~12-15lb-ft is appropriate.

The reason they took so much torque to remove is probably the friction between the head of the bolt and the oil-squirter base. None of that loosening torque is transferred through the threads, just the head.

Adding some data points to this.
I'm not sure what squirters you are using, but VW engines use them in a few different sizes.
M6 threaded oil squirters 7 to 8 lb-ft or torque.
M10 thread ones are 20lb-ft

I've gathered the needed tools myself and squirterized my B21ET. If anyone in Holland wants to use the tools please let me knows!

xwVUMpl.jpg

Last edited:
You guys run copper crush washer under the squirters ? My clearances are super tight so I figured they were ok without but just want to check !!

Squirters Question

I have old squirters that I dont trust much. Can the original squirter engine hole fit the new squirters you are displaying or not. I other words are the direct fit?:roll:

I have old squirters that I dont trust much. Can the original squirter engine hole fit the new squirters you are displaying or not. I other words are the direct fit?:roll:
I have a 93 engine but it is not one of the engines on stands. So I will have to mess around to get the pan off, remove a squirter, and measure.

From what I remember off hand the stock volvo squirters have a different kind of hole they thread into, the threads are down deeper. THey match what the oil squirters are like which is not like the bmw ones. I used to have some pics of the stock ones on my now gone photobucket..

they are there but hosted on http non-S server so they don't embed on some browsers for security. if you hit reply button on the message and click the "toggle BB code" button you can see the raw links and paste them into url bar to see the pix directly that way.

Back