• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 NGK plug wires? Any good?

bigbret

Campin in your backyard.
Lookin at Rock auto for plug wires for my new 86 244. Anyone have any experience with Ngk? I like there plugs. $33 for the set is not bad.
Bret

So what's the deal with the size of wires?.

Sparkplug wires have changed in last forty years....ideally, one wants lower resistance wires with "maximum amount of radio frequency interference (RFI) suppression."

There is nothing wrong with those NGK wires, as based upon Rockauto's literature, They are an "iInductance (mag) wire, and they have RFI suppression, but NGK's site suggest they are for 1988 thru 1993 Volvos.

For 1986-244, they suggest: 1976 thru 1987 Volvos

NGK Ignition Wire Set

SKU: #EUC036
ITEM : # NGK54354
BRAND : NGK

I don't think Aspirator is making them.

Bret...seriously, hit up Kingsborne. Nice wire, legit, and cheap, plus you'll have them asap since they are actually made here in Cali. Dunno given the holidays, but every time I've ordered from them, with custom stuff even, it's been 3 days til I had them at my door. Think my wireset for the wagon was $48 delivered, with a MSD Blaster end on the coil wire and firebraid over the 8mm wireset. Basic wires were a good bit less. Boots are nice on them as well, though I haven't tried the metal boots as of yet.

Kingsborne is the place that was making the IPD stuff for quite a few years, dunno if they still are or not.

Back