• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Matt's 97 V90: The V9000+

Beautiful car. The wheels match it very well, you really need to lower it though.

Thanks man. It's in the works ;-)

Yup, that's the idea. If it's as straightforward as I think it is, I'll probably sell a cheap kit. It would require welding onto the trailing arm, but that's not too bad

Yeah. Since I've got the older arms I'm still considering swapping them out. This would make bagging the car easier if I chose to go that route instead of adjustable coil-overs (Again, I'm more interested in stance on this car than performance).

I'm thinking about welding tabs (like: /o\) to the top of the MK1 arm and the frame rail allowing me to mount the shock directly between the two (it will probably need to be mounted at an angle depending on travel requirements and size). I'm not sure how this will affect functionality though. It may work better to mount it inboard of the arm like on the MK2's. Space and upper mounts are also a concern and I haven't spent enough time looking at the chassis at this location to make any decisions yet.

Just out of curiosity, how bad would it angle the coilover assembly (camber-wise for lack of a better way of putting it) if you were to mount it on top of the MK2 trailing arm. It seems to me that it would be far simpler than augmenting the arm to include a second shear point at the original location.

Last edited:
Without any shocks fitted and a nivo leaf(which is softer) the back end will sit quite low (probably level with the top of the alloy),with a none nivo leaf fitted it doesn't make any difference at all. I'm attempting to get a replacement leaf made up in steel but so far no ones answered my emails. From the fact that the body still has the original top spring mounts in place I would presume that fitting the mk1 arms would line up the spring and therefore the shocker mounts with what's already on the body. Would still like to see how you get around the roll bar problem, if you figure it out let me know as I also have a pair of mk1 arms lying around waiting to be fitted.

Well, I pulled the Works off today and poked around my rear suspension a little. Here's what I've got to work with:

1118001308b.jpg

1118001308c.jpg

1118001309.jpg

1118001308d.jpg

1118001325.jpg

It's gonna be a tight fit to say the least.

Thanks guys. I don't know if it will ever get +t'd but we'll see.

Things are kind of on hold right now with snow and no garage and a ton a Seattle-ites that can't drive in any sort of inclement weather. I'll update stuff as soon as I can.

Well. Updates:

1. Engine is toast (I guess that's what I get for buying a sketchy car).
2. Suspension is on long-term hold while I figure out the new engine.

Does anyone have an extra B6304? I'd prefer a straight replacement as it will be fastest and this is my DD. I am toying with the idea of a T6 conversion like Chris did but with less awesome and power. I guess first comes three months of saving up the money for a new engine.

Overheated. By the time I got to her it was too late: not running and lots of pretty warning lights including coolant, oil, and my temp gauge being pegged out.

Maybe totaled is a better way to put it. Burnt rings, blown head gasket, and a potentially warped head. Not fun... :-(

I figure I could rebuild it but that's at least $500 plus a lot of my time. That puts me pretty close to the junk yard engine price range.

Well, the new engine is halfway home. Tons of thanks to 2manyturbos, Great guy. If you get the chance to work with him, do it.
Also thanks to Freq for driving an extra two hours out of the way so we could pick it up (and for pic credit).

Hopefully it will only be a few months before I have the time to swap it in.

img20110110231603.jpg

Mine^^^^ _______________________________________ Freq's from Cassie's old SE^^

Back