• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

researching a 122

I think the cheap alternative is to make some using the old filter covers and cheap lawn mower filters. I just found one of the air boxes that came on 140s with SUs (not easy to find) so I can use cheap disposable paper filters, but the money I'll save on filters will pay for the box.

Like this one?
SUcarbairbox_zpsf55942dc.jpg

I never liked the look of the box, but I'll bet filters last longer.

Broken image.

I dont mean the actual filter itself. K&n has a filter set for it. It the actual housing. The 3 bolt housing.

you're looking for 450 lbs/in or 500 lbs/in if you want something even more race-like. Progressives are hard to match shocks to.

1800ES rear axle with disc brakes installed on 122 (yes, those are progressive lowering springs):

http://www.auto-wiring-diagram.com/.../04/complete-wiring-diagram-of-volvo-122s.jpg

super hero right here. also, where did you pick the springs up? im starting to pool resources so when the time comes, i know what im grabbing.

No one has been able to explain to me how a shock absorber can effectively dampen a progressive rate spring. I've run them with Bilstein HDs on my 122 and they were horrible. Match a set of shocks to a set of single rate springs and you'll be happy and only do it once...

Awesome rebuilt front suspension Amazon

I will risk sounding like an a$$hat by telling you to search. Things like springs have been gone over 1000 times (they are not special - and are available from a variety of race suppliers...you're looking for 450 lbs/in or 500 lbs/in if you want something even more race-like. Progressives are hard to match shocks to.

HPIM0831.JPG

Here you can see the brackets from the back side and the new brake lines.

HPIM0834.JPG

Front suspension all rebuilt.
HPIM0842.JPG

Other side. There is some rubbing at full steering lock, but the wheels are 7" wide for heaven's sake.

HPIM0844.JPG

Here they are from the side. I've added the Volvo hub caps and the brakes are sporting Q-Matrix pads.

HPIM0837.JPG

This set up will rip your face off when you hit them hard and will do so all day long on the track without any fade. No booster, 240 rear with stock discs/pads - brake bias pretty much bang on. I know this because I've done this.

Hi Canuck,

I was looking for ventilated front disc brakes for my Amazon 1970 en then I noticed what you did with your Amazon. :)Absolutely Awesome! My compliments! :omg:Because I want to put a 760-2.3i turbo intercooler under the bonnet, i have to reinforce the brakes too. Sorry for being a copy cat, but I like to have your receipt for the rebuilt front suspension.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Robert

No one has been able to explain to me how a shock absorber can effectively dampen a progressive rate spring. I've run them with Bilstein HDs on my 122 and they were horrible. Match a set of shocks to a set of single rate springs and you'll be happy and only do it once...

I was able to come up w/a shock that works very well with Lesjofors progressive rate springs for 122S and 1800s cars. Adjustable Koni "Classics" hydraulic shocks are a modern day version of the old red ones I used to use back in the late 1970s and 80s.

Late last summer I installed full set of the springs with a set of Koni "Classic" hydraulic shock absorbers in my '67 1800s. After covering a couple of thousand miles and adjusting the shocks a couple of times by going back to the original setting I now have a comfortable ride, and excellent handling even when pushed close to limit of traction while cornering. And like most Volvos w/the original front sway bar it does not understeer lean over all that much, and is quite neutral handling with a 205/65/15" wheels and tires. Going to try them next on my 122s that weighs about 100 lb less than the 1800s.

Back