• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Yes you should. You can '79 much better than me. Mine breaks all the goddamn time and it's always my fault.

Been working on little things here and there. Next couple items will be a sorely needed alignment and a torque damping solution for the engine block. It's vibrating so badly at idle that the somewhat solidly mounted exhaust is quite tiring to live with.

Otherwise I bought a set of intact and slightly faded headlamp bezels. Gave them a quick Plasti Dip spray and threw them on. Hides the crash damage nicely when the chrome rectangle is not broken up. Still looking for replacement panels or a good body shop. Been playing with the idea of doing a Kintsugi-style fix on these body panels. No idea how it would be executed, but embracing the bumps and bruises that this car has received, as opposed to hiding them seems more appealing to me.

Lucky over at ARD made this charge pipe out of old 240T stuff that I had laying around. He did a fantastic job, especially considering that he worked with old material. Eventually I will grind off the beads and have it, along with all other intake piping, intercooler, strut brace, brackets, and valve cover powder coated gloss black for a nice OEM+ finish. That will be once I get something else that needs to stay in one piece on a daily basis:

I still think some PDR work on that fender would get it 95% of the way back to looking right. From the pics it appears that the paint only cracked in a few small areas, which could be touched up and blended without having to repaint the entire panel(s).

Engine bay is looking nice. Glad to read you made improvements in boost response and creep reduction simultaneously.

PDR will do the trick on the fender, I agree. The core support is what worries me a little more. Hopefully it won't be all too bad.

As for boost: yeeees. It's so nice to drive now at 14 psi. I can only imagine how good it will be at 20 :-D

Megasquirt going in this weekend. This is going to either be great, or a miserable failure. Bear in mind that:
A. All my tuning experience is in Ostrich and
B. This old POS is still my commuter.

:rofl:

Last edited:
With megasquirt,,,, effort in usually correlates to how well the car drives if you know what you are doing. Its not that difficult, you just need to be patient, datalog, and be willing to dial in all the small stuff.

With megasquirt,,,, effort in usually correlates to how well the car drives if you know what you are doing. Its not that difficult, you just need to be patient, datalog, and be willing to dial in all the small stuff.

It will get there eventually. It's all pretty straightforward and most of the challenging stuff that I was worried about is either automated or well-documented.

Anyway, the car is off for the nip and tuck (Asher kindly offered to do it for me) meanwhile I'm studying up the Megamanual, particularly Tunerstudio and Megalogger.

Meanwhile I'm dealing with a head cold and enjoying some time off work with the newest arrival to my family.

42015383-F1D4-48D5-9EC9-1A7DAE40F0A1.jpg

I'm curious as to whether I'll be able to get this thing to crack the 300whp mark with the 577cc/min injectors in its current configuration. Cosbysweater predicts 260whp at 20 psi...

Asher finished the Megasquirt install a couple days ago and loaded a basic map to the car. So far I have been tuning idle, cruise, and medium loads. Spark map seems almost spot on so far except for the high RPM/190-200 kpa range, where there is some minor detonation, and it's a bit rich at 100-180 kpa. No big deal. I'm not too big of a fan of autotune, it must be said...

Car already feels like it has picked up 20 whp up top and a ton of torque at part throttle boost, which is just awesome.

So far this is much easier than messing with Tuner Pro and Ostrich on LH 2.4. Pretty excited!

Back