• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Just bought - reverse lights and rot to sort?

Yeah, but how much is shipping? I'd check the Pick-N-Pull first. ;)

A cordless sawzall would make quick work of it in a junkyard for sure?and he should definitely check there first?but if the cars in the yard in MA are anything like the cars were in Minnesota I'd bet they all have this same problem more or less.

Welcome to the board, and nice work on that reverse light situation! Definitely grab that Bentley manual as soon as you can. So much good info.

Oh, and this place sells replacement sections for the 240: http://www.fixmyrust.com/Item/1975-1993_Volvo_240_Spare_Tire_Well_Driver_Side. Not too bad at $43 bucks!

Holy crap! Wow, that's actually really cool I didn't know that that was a thing. I might do that instead. How much would welding it in place be, do you think?

PM if you end up needing help with it. I've got access to lots of 240 parts, etc. And have owned 240s for quite some time now.

Thank you! I'll absolutely do that.

Can not reach reverse switch to connect wires ...

when I got my 240 Manual, the reverse lights did not work. I had a harness hanging from the bottom center of the car by the shifter area, and it needed to get plugged in on top of the transmission. Literally had 2 prongs on top of the transmission, high up above the cross member. Had to hug the tranny to find them and re connect.
---------------------------------
nudextro ...
How did you get your hand up in there!!!

I am having a hell of a time getting a hand up to the switch. I can not grip a contact with my thumb and finger and still get it through the space by the transmission. I can only touch the prongs and base of the switch with my fingers.

I have dropped the transmission as far as it will go before the engine jams on the firewall.

I need suggestions.
I do wear a size Large glove.
---------------------------------
1988 244 DL; B230F; LH-2.2; Manual 5-speed (M47)

Back