• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 75 242 DL

looks like downtown LA hotel.. the one with tits on lions

23038447042_b6f901afb8_z.jpg

I need to make a trip to LA area when the weather is better to drop off Duders side skirts and harass the Buchka's. I'll PM you when I'm coming down and maybe we can all meet up for a BS session.

I like the power door lock adapter thing. You can make a lot of cool stuff with 3D printing these days.

That sounds good to me - I'd love to check out this '75 in person.

Nice job TIPSP, BTW!

Sounds good. Though I do not know how busy we will all be when you come down ;-)

Nice. I love Rhino. It's simply the best software I have used.
Though it lacks a great layout setup like Revit, Solidworks, or AutoCAD.

I learned it in architecture school. My thesis project below.

Guess that building.

Im messing with fusion 360 by autodesk. Purchased from HM works or Solidworks. It's FREE. There is a CAD and CAM side of the program.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/overview

Brand new old stock report cluster installed. Everything works, expect the tach. Didn't drive it yet, so speedo is still untested.

Give it voltage and pulses but nothing. Hopefully roger has something that works.

Finally started on the supercharger project.

Starting the bracket:

I 3d printed a 7" version of the pulley for testing... The final pulley will be 6.5"

images lost

This is not where it will sit, but it gives an idea...

Image Lost

I didn't clean the 3d print up enough, but its just for test fitting...

Belt tensioner and pulleys on their way. More of the bracket is to come also. That is just the start. It is an old BMW belt I had. I will get a proper length belt when ready. I have all the piping now. The bypass valve is controlled by an electronic vacuum switch. If this bypass sucks like most people say it does, I will probably take it off and use the mini cooper bypass setup. The bracket is made out of left over stuff I had in the garage. I need to get a plasma cutter and band saw. That would make this much easier. :rofl:

Need to get the fuel system sorted out and should be ready to run :-P

More to follow later.

Last edited:
I don't know how I missed this thread until now. As everyone else has said this is really top work and inspirational to read through!

You should drive it up to Montecito for cars and coffee on the 20th. Lots of Volvos are coming down from SLO.

Colin

I'm loving this build man! Just the inspiration that I need, along with a few others, for my 142 that I just brought home last night! Question: what car did the m45 blower come off of? I had an old Jackson Racing supercharger kit on my '96 Civic (yes, I was once a Honda buy, but this was back in 1998,) and I really liked the linear powerband. Think the m45 will be enough volume? I know on the J/R kits, they sometimes went up to the M60 on bigger displacement motors that had better airflow characteristics.

-Ben

Back