• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Anyone got a b20 block/engine kicking around... *Sigh*..

Aw crap. Sorry to hear this.

perfect, i had someone start a facebook event and they've invited the local Volvospeederz like Ryan. Should be lots of pegz/tintz/hidz coming out.

I'm afraid I'm unavailable that weekend. Boo me :(

Unrelated: Any suggestions on wheel repair in GVRD? I made an impulse purchase of a set of wheels for my soon to arrive car. They're decent 2 piece wheels made by Ronal, but the PO ferociously curbed every one, and one has a decent dent in it. I wanna take 'em in to get checked over/fixed/refinished. I'll have to see if they're worth saving.

Thanks all,

M.

Unrelated: Any suggestions on wheel repair in GVRD? I made an impulse purchase of a set of wheels for my soon to arrive car. They're decent 2 piece wheels made by Ronal, but the PO ferociously curbed every one, and one has a decent dent in it. I wanna take 'em in to get checked over/fixed/refinished. I'll have to see if they're worth saving.

Thanks all,

M.

there's a volbro that (used to, still does?) work for Alloy Wheel Repair Ltd, his name is Colle.
I'd msg him via the facebooks - he's friends with me.

also unrelated: I snagged a set of 7.5" wide Comets

I saw a 1971 142S - might be injected E model though just sitting in a state of limbo seemingly on Still Creek Road in Burnaby, just around the Lordco store but across the street, if you drive off of Douglas Road it is within a block, in that case on the left hand side, you can see the front end minus a driver's fender - parked in front of a building at the back, couple hundred feet or so off Still Creek, might be worth checking out as you never know. Don't know who owns it though could have a good engine in it.

A friend also has a rebuilt engine sitting in his garage, could be a B20 but almost positive it is a B18, been there for some time and he just wants it gone - money talks and he did not rebuild it so further motivation not having spent the money.

I can post images here a bit later.

By the way, anyone have a cross bar for a later 245 wagon? A piece of concrete fell from the ceiling in the parking area and dented it quite nicely, and the roof as well - wondering if there might be one lying around. That is just the front piece that goes across the width of the roof.

Thanks all,

M.

Nu-Brite? Panther? Both have been OK for me, though I liked Nu-Brite's service much more.

When you grow bored of them let me know!

Yj58Ai7.jpg

:oogle:

Thanks all,

M.
Because factory 5 spoke 19s be fugly?

They look fine, but I was presuming they're reps... my limited google-fu showed them as a super rare wheel in 19" if they're genuine. It was listed as "aftermarket wheels" so :e-shrug:

M.

Back