• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Junkyard Run!!!!

Slimssousa

Going on a junkyard run for my Volvo 740. Has 318k miles on it. It's pretty beat down but runs semi smooth. Anyone wanna tell me what some parts I should scrap off of salvage volvos? My junkyard has an ass load of 240s and 740s. So far I will get new seatbelt hooks, maybe newer fuel injectors that are healthy. I'm kinda deciding if I should just get BG44k (hardcore injector cleaner)

Any pieces of trim or lights which might be broken on your car. #1 thing I wish I went for last time I was in the yard.

fuel pump relay

Rear tail light assemblies

AMM

fuel pressure regulator

battery tray (they rot)

Instrument cluster (remove entirely from dash)

Where is the Fuel pressure regulator located at, and where is the fuel pump relay at? Sorry I'm a noob. Still learning my car I got about 3 weeks ago

Fuel door spring...$25 part most places online.... usually free at my yard.

Idle air control valve

The tool set torx bits and screwdrivers... and 10mm wrench to keep under your hood for quick battery disconnects.

Front corner lights if they match

Check the fuel pumps... If they look new buy them. Got a damn near new fuel assembly from the tank of a junker for $20

Side mirror glass
Posted via Mobile Device

Assuming the FPR is behind the ashtray:

Pull out ashtray and then remove the plastic cover behind it that holds it in place: you'll be able to see part of the fuse array, but there is still stuff above that needs to be removed.

Look at the area of the cigarette lighter: there are two screws to remove, and one is weirdly angled.

With the screws removed the top piece can be removed, and inside you'll see the assembly holding all the relays.

The FPR is second row in, toward the left.

Grab a bulb failure sensor relay while you're at it. It's a red cylinder. It can fail leading to none functioning brake/tail lights and cruise control not working.

Back