• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 242 2,5 16v widebody build

I may have missed it, but what color are you using? I love it, I have been thinking of painting my 242 Gun Metal Gray. Yours looks about that color.

Jeff

this is a Honda color, i have a Honda CBR 900 with this color! so i just tok a part of my bike to the paint shop and said i want this color :p

its darker then the gun metal gray and its also metalic + pearl

Thanks for the info. I'll check with my local paint supplier. What year is your bike? Might help when looking for the color. Is your paint a Tri-coat?

Jeff

since the volvo need to harden before i can realy do anything with it, iv been working hard on the benz the last days. just a few more days now and its going in the paint booth to!

425_zps7f6b30d0.jpg

Rear mount radiator needs air, not finished yet but i think it looks so cool :p

426_zps63bd33c8.jpg

it has a 2jz with supra 6 speed, and stock w124 rear end with a welded diff. the owner (im just building it) is thinking about going for a ford 9" rear, since the benz rear end is a pile of **** :-P

eeeew... and another one bites the dust hehe :)

thought that would be some crazy diesel performance club ****... ;) greysmoke... you know? :oogle:

been sick a few days so its moving along a litle slow here, but i have been doing a few things here and there!

Finsihed welding the frame under the front end! all that its missing now is a few brackets and the gear box mount, but ill weld that on as im going...
435_zps8bf04201.jpg

Finaly made some progress on the IC too, almost happy with the outcome :p needs a little more work, but i think i will work well! and the Clamps on the IC is easly accessible with a radiator between the inlet /outlet pipes!
436_zpsf8a0bb99.jpg

Made a custom Idle control on the intake to, since i have ITB`s its not as easy as throwing on a idle air valve :p Pics on that later!

Started monting Poly bushes on the front end to, between welding :p (that aluminium stuff gets hot!!)

The old benz also got some primer today!
438_zps8c44e95e.jpg

437_zps798ea6da.jpg

last gearlink in place!

446_zps1ffc9d47.jpg

Welded the clutch housing to the adapter plate!

445_zps5034eaaa.jpg

Bilstein Racing! 350/150 valving 35mm shorter, and the struts is also 40mm shorter so 75mm is the minimum lowering here :)

447_zps2b2f0b49.jpg

intercooler is done!
452_zpse06e471c.jpg

450_zpsaa1ad1e2.jpg

The front suspension is also in, some details still missing + brakes but anyway :p
451_zps4e0df847.jpg

740 axle with 240 brackets welded on today! and some new paint..

instaling a Powertrax Lock Right diff tomorow :p
455_zps328e1dec.jpg

Back