• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

TurD

Damn didn't know you did all that. Nice car always like the way it looked, clean ride. I think you need more lights.

I get that a lot it seems like, a lot of the stuff I've done isn't that obvious. I have another set of small ZKW's, don't tempt me :lol:

I'm pretty impressed by the gold Sirius wheels. They look quite nice on your black car.

Yeah I would have repainted them and kept them for winter wheels but I wanted some $$.

1962596_10201622090978495_1896506844_n_zps27833dcc.jpg

So we got the axle in! Put in some Redline oil and a new gasket, replaced the brake junction block and master cly only to find out that I had a leak from a caliper line, DOH. Took the car for a test drive, alternator isn't charging. Nice. I was really about to throw in the towel. Poking around the alternator I randomly found my boost issue I have been chasing for months, a loose wastegate actuator bracket, that was actually really encouraging.

Here's some pictures of the differential carnage. Much worse than I originally thought, I'm surprised it was still driving.

1625655_10152209187861357_81000239_n_zps2436e2e6.jpg

I thought I just broke one spider gear, I was wrong

1897858_10152209187961357_1393141834_n_zpseaa7aecd.jpg

note the planetary gear on the right

1779930_10152209188081357_105329586_n_zpsa36589cf.jpg

note the ring gear teeth at the bottom and the chunk out of the carrier

1966809_10152209188141357_1830453339_n_zps4f6e04b5.jpg

this is the other side of the carrier, it also has a chunk out of it as well as a missing spider gear and chunks out of the other 3. the pinion shaft is completely loose

How'd you do that?!

A lot of burnouts I guess? I'm not really sure, what killed it was a fairly mild pull from a dead stop while turning, I only lost traction for 1-2 seconds before it went bang.

I had been hearing some gear whine at cruise for about a year but it came and went sporadically and wasn't very loud, must have been a long time coming .

I think this car would be much more enjoyable for you if it had an m46.

Looks great though. Those wheels top it off in my opinion.

I think this car would be much more enjoyable for you if it had an m46.

Looks great though. Those wheels top it off in my opinion.

Thanks!

I don't want a m46 unless I can maybe find one that's 100% known good I'd rather not mess with it, the whole overdrive idea puts me off and the AW71 can take a lot more abuse. After what I did to the rear end I can only imagine what I could do to a m46. T5 maybe. My school/work commute is in traffic up hills and downtown so the whole manual thing doesn't really sound all that appealing.

That said I have a decent flat flywheel and a pedal cluster I've been keeping around because I know at some point I'll do a swap.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iD6v3QzndZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my thread needs a theme song

Dang, you've done a lot of work to your car, nice! How long did it take you to pull your differential? I can imagine a solid axle is easier than IRS. I'm removing my IRS rear end this summer, it's been whining super loud for about 6 months now.

Dat theme song doh. when is the english version coming out? huehuehue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMbxOUgPDsI
This guy had swag before it was cool

Dang, you've done a lot of work to your car, nice! How long did it take you to pull your differential? I can imagine a solid axle is easier than IRS. I'm removing my IRS rear end this summer, it's been whining super loud for about 6 months now.

Pulling it wasn't that bad, I think we did it in a slow 3-4 hours maybe, took way too long to swap everything over, putting it back on probably the same amount of time plus bleeding brakes and stuff, never got the e-brake stuff hooked back up.

Back