• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

142 Wheels. 17x8 fit with 2-3 inch drop?

Beef Head

I can't seem to find much info on 140's and wheel fitment.
I see plenty of picks but not much info. I am curious to what works well
with the car dropped and wide wheels. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a huge fan of really stretched tires. I'm liking those Corsa Steelies but thinking they may not workout on the front end.

Do you mean the 16 X 9's for 240s?

VOLVO 240/242/244/245 CUSTOM TWO PIECE CORSA GT STEEL WHEELS STEELIES $650

s-l1600.jpg

I'm not sure if they are buying 8 and 9 inch barrels or if they are banding them. Some of them on the website look banded. I'm thinking 7's on front and 8's on back would be cool.

What is WWD? Yeah, i don't to excited over banded wheels. I'll call them tomorrow and see what they can make happen. Thanks, for the info.

:lol: You must be new here....

Wrong Wheel Drive, AKA newer Volvo.

I mean they're thick in the junkyards now, and steel wheels are peanuts in the yards....

That what i was thinking. The car they have in the pic has coil overs and he said they modified rear trailing arms too. I don't want to get that carried away or go as low as that 240.

Well just imagine a 4.5 or 5" x 40ET 15" wheel with a 165R15 tire in there, and ~ 1 & 3/8" space around it for winter tire chain clearance.

Kinda sounds like WWD offset to me ...

But who knows you might get lucky, and not have to run teeny tiny short little tires like they do. :x:

Last edited:
Let me know how that goes. I'm looking at the same wheels for my 142 and trying to figure it out.

Ya well you could always run some 15x6x25 et 700 wheels and 195-65-15's if you want to actually drive the car.

But that's just like my opinion man, perhaps you can break some new ground here.

Last edited:
Back