• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrew's 122 turbo project

300lb is about the STOCK rate on a 140... You should be at LEAST looking at 600lbs if you want to have a reasonable setup.

I ordered some 650's....I'm sure those 400's in a 8" tall are going to be too soft as well. Consider competition springs start around 700, and road race at 800-1000....

I finally have a complete transmission tunnel! I used a tunnel from an 1800S and just had a friend re-work it to make it fit. Now I Just need to grind the welds and POR the floor. The it's time for FatMat.

4n1eCb3.jpg

O3upVgT.jpg

This build is getting to the boring stages but I had a date with some POR today. I got the entire floor done from the back seat to about where the steering shaft goes through the firewall. Kinda hard to capture it all in the pictures but here you can see just how nice the original door cards are. I'm pretty proud of those.:)

vEmo2qG.jpg

I think my car was the exact same color combo inside and out, heh. I need to do my floor like that, I just hate that the rubbers are so expensive. Might have to go custom carpet eventually...

But anyway, just to update you with what I've been suffering through with the springs etc (it doesn't quite deserve its own thread, so I'll temporarily hijack yours :cool:)

I couldn't get any of the Blue Coils to work in the back, the 400# 5"x8" was too low once I installed the 650#s up front. I had to throw the stock rears back in just to get in and out of my garage!

So right now I'm sitting on the Blue Coils up front, which took about 1.5" off stock height (not much). They might settle a little more, but maybe you could get away with a 500/600 up there for slightly more low, but then you'll get closer to the too-soft issue you had before.

I'm back to square one on the rears. I need to leave the car up high anyway so I can drive on/off lifts etc until I get it fully road-worthy too....

Well I asked on SS about fitting 5" springs in the rear and Phil Singher said 4.5" was the largest that will fit. I'm just going to stick with what I have for now I guess. Maybe I could send my springs somewhere and have some custom wound with the same specs but in 5" diameter?

The OEM stock Honda springs I got work perfectly (they're slightly larger diameter than those eBay coils, just about 4.5"). I cut about 3 coils off the stock fronts, and put them on the rear. Perfect fit, but too soft for my driveway entry/exit.

I think if I could park on the street it would be fine after putting some ipd sway bars on it.

Maybe you could find some other Honda-springs but in a larger diameter

Last edited:
I needed to change a bulb in the front and I discovered my turn signal lenses were in worse shape than I thought. Mr. Nick Choy hooked me up with some decent ones at a really good price. They are the perfect condition for the car. Not too nice but all in one piece. Here's one compared to my old lens:

ZomOFZr.jpg

Man that thing looks dope as (.)(.)'s. Was looking for a 544 until recently when I started following this project. Now I have a 122 lol

Small update. I now have a full 2.5" exhaust including a header and a Borla ProXS. It's pretty great and I'll try to get some more pictures and possibly a video later. The next step is DEFINITELY some FatMat :lol:

J6LnWHN.jpg

UYDI6cQ.jpg

Back