• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1+1=245

REPASTA From here

had a better headliner around so I decided to paint it using SEM interior paint
half way though I ran out and used Sem bumper coater (turns out they are the same)

2-3 tiny spots need to be touched up because I didn't wait for the paint to dry enough
I also need to adjust one or two center bars

IMG_5553_zpsc2692ab0.jpg

IMG_5555_zps2816ae98.jpg

IMG_5556_zps63f1bd49.jpg

flash just brings out all the fuzz on it but you can see that the color is sold and not spotty

IMG_5565_zps0a9fb375.jpg

IMG_5564_zpsbac83c61.jpg

IMG_5562_zps53315961.jpg

satin. Its the same color as bumper coater - which is cheaper also
It matched the black part of the visor so well that I didn't even spray both sides.

two cans will do headliner and visors and you will have about a 1/3 of a can left over.

I also used simple green and grease lightning to clean the headliner prior to paint.

Last edited:
REPASTA From here

had a better headliner around so I decided to paint it using SEM interior paint
half way though I ran out and used Sem bumper coater (turns out they are the same)

2-3 tiny spots need to be touched up because I didn't wait for the paint to dry enough
I also need to adjust one or two center bars

IMG_5553_zpsc2692ab0.jpg

Looks great. Does SEM have a color that matches the stock off-white headliner color?

Got around to paining my faded headrest covers.
after doing the job the fabric is really stiff. See how it holds up but I wouldn't recommend it.

IMG_1801_zpsh0hzxro6.jpg

IMG_1802_zps2a6bkzjs.jpg

they do look better but meh
IMG_1804_zpsy7jysn0i.jpg

I also found some all black door panels. They are mint. I painted the backsides with Rustolum Appliance Paint to keep the mold out in the future.
IMG_1803_zpswejpzs9e.jpg

Last edited:
please tell me those are hand polished....:lol:
much too lazy for that. Chromelicous yo!

I saved them roached out 7/9xx. Guy was selling the whole car for $800 I told him I would put some 14s on it and buy the wheels with good tires for $300. Probably could have bought them for less but I'm still happy.
I didn't like the chrome at first but it grew on me. Since purchase I applied Dave Barton center cap stickers

Another great idea, that I will have to steal , and timely too, as my entire interior is currently removed.
Thanks.
I used one of those cheap paint rollers. Some panels took 6-8 coats - the cardboard was really absorbent. Put one coat down on each panel and make your way around the lot, by the time you finish with 4th your first panel should be ready for coat #2 and so on... I also recommend you let them dry for 2-3 days before installing. Fumes form this paint will stink up your car (unless you like that;-))

Last edited:
The other day I installed IPD Turbo Cam with "old" (dont have to remove to adjust) adjustable camshaft sprocket
- all shimmed and ready to go
IMG_20150401_174647962_zpsijnhvfhe.jpg

while there I went on and replaced the alternator bracket bushings.
the poly accessory bushings for some reason only last about 6months on my alternator bracket.... the back one always gets loose and then disintegrates, leaving me with squeaky belt etc...
I finally bought Yoshifab solid bushings - great product

maybe thats why IPD switched compounds
IMG_20150401_171726965_zpsm4tpvlhp.jpg

one of them was a tight fit, I just put it in the freezer overnight and it fit fine in the morning.
IMG_20150401_172005355_zpsrnaenm3v.jpg

moved a bunch of stuff last weekend too

IMG_20150412_150506001_zpsgbma0rfp.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished reading all your threads. Lol. I noticed the plate frames on the green '75 245 were from Sacramento, so you're in California? There are a lot of cool Volvo guys that are close-ish, and I think a meet up would be appropriate. Once I get my car up to some better standards I think I'll try to organize something. :nod:

Just finished reading all your threads. Lol. I noticed the plate frames on the green '75 245 were from Sacramento, so you're in California? There are a lot of cool Volvo guys that are close-ish, and I think a meet up would be appropriate. Once I get my car up to some better standards I think I'll try to organize something. :nod:

Thanks for reading all my suff. There's a few of us in Norcal.
Im in Oroville. Go to Davis or Ikea meet or Cj bbq

I finally got around to installing Willwood calipers on c70 12inch rotors
IMG_20150713_145805071_zpsyd24vtuj.jpg

ended up with brackets made by this guy
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=266037

line kit from honda S2000 Wilwood Brake Flexline Kit 220-10841

wilwood brake pads Wilwood Smart Pad BP-10 Brake Pads 150-8946K

Only modification I had to do was to convert the standard hardlines(brake junction to flex line) to inverted flare
my local mcparts store was out of the correct hardware so I "machined" the standard oem brass one using my drill
IMG_20150712_152835509_zpsesnnl0tn.jpg

They clear 16s but dont fit Gemini wheels - wheels rotate but scraped the willwood logo.
while waiting for 3mm spacer http://www.ezaccessory.com/4_5_Lug_3mm_Thick_Spacer_p/600.htm Thanks Ken
Im running Hydras up front

not much difference between the two - wonder why all the hate
IMG_20150713_152728258_zps8olwrgd3.jpg

Last edited:
went back to my old flathood since I picked up another one for my 242 and got a original group A grille

IMG_20150717_153317226_zps6uswjdla.jpg

I got my 3mm spacer in but it's too damn hot right now to put it on for the Gemini's to go back on in front

also someone stole my front plate.
It's only $20-25 to replace it but I haven't made time to go to the dmv

Last edited:
Back