• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The (build) story of a Greek (hopefully fast) 240 brick

@kingkong Thanks man for all your very very nice words !! It is true that it has been a long effort, gathering the knowledge of many in here, especially gsellstr, and local people, which made this project plausible. Add to that the supply of parts from the same great man (gsellstr), and you got this result.
I am fighting some minor start up problems (probably the flywheel sensor), while weather is surprisingly bad in Athens so i can not do any proper road tests-tuning. Hopefully within 1-2 months i will have the answers for the 500 whp barrier, and at last post a nice video here :)

Up to what i have tested, close to 1+ bar, no. I need to program the ECU at full pressure to see what happens up there. However my logic says, since gas pressure is sufficiently dumped, no creep will be present.

I don't remember if i have posted it before, but here is a very nice test, about TS and wastegate setups ON A SUPRA

Glad to see you've finally reached that point where more power becomes exponentially more expensive! lol

If it were me, I'd just drive it at that power level and enjoy. Sounds like more than enough power to play with, troll people with, and get you arrested if you're not careful. :)

Here is a little video from the dyno session.. If i remember correctly it is run 30 (0 degrees on the cam) which produced the maximum output.

https://youtu.be/BnVhiCSNMOs

The "disco" situation inside the car is because passenger's door was not fully closed :lol:

I love the way you write English in the big posts. It's quite distinctive. Nice work, all up! Looks like lots of fun, and quite a handful indeed :-)

Thanks a lot guys !! Your appreciation means a lot to me !!

Seems that i could achieve more things with E85, but unfortunately it is not available here.

@Gary: Seems that i need to find another way to spend .. actually already found it .. coilovers :p Get ready for it !!

@FreeEMSFred: Well, must be the mix of Greek-English in my head :) Glad it is understandable though ..

Looks good now that I'm on the computer!

FYI, that amp you ordered up is the same one I have in my wagon. Really does do nicely for the door speakers!

Good, i just need a proper location to install it. Where have you put it ? Behind the radio ?

The 740's have a factory amp on a bracket behind the cluster, that is just about the same size as the Alpine amp. Since everything is already there, a couple BIG zip ties to secure it to that bracket and all is well. Hard mounting wasn't an option given the stock bracket design, otherwise I would have gone that route.

Outstanding B21 build...... we knew they could make some real power!

We are spoiled rotten here in the States, with easy access to everything except M90s.

It is refreshing to see science applied, rather than the typical TB tomfoolery.

Congrats on a well built 4 cylinder.

Thanks man !! Hopefully i will book a dyno session soon to see if this power is limited by the gas available here, or the engine is at its limit for the current setup. Unfortunately we don't have access to E85, which would surely be much better, but for science reasons i will use some octane booster at dragster analogies to see if the power limit will be raised. Of course this will be just a test ..

Thanks man !! Hopefully i will book a dyno session soon to see if this power is limited by the gas available here, or the engine is at its limit for the current setup. Unfortunately we don't have access to E85, which would surely be much better, but for science reasons i will use some octane booster at dragster analogies to see if the power limit will be raised. Of course this will be just a test ..

you are in the need of a permanent Ouzo injection! ;) GYROS!!

Greek 240 brick

Yassou!!!!
Love your brick and funny thing that I was looking for an evo intercooler for my project and I see it works!!!!
My old boss was from Sparty, and I know some greek although EGO EIMAE APO Puerto Rico
kai milase spanika.
Keep up the great work. To aftokinito sou einae polly oreo.
YASSAS!!!
DZ :rofl::cool:

Back