• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wanding 245, steerling "pulls" I've tried everything

Eviltwin

Wandering 245, steerling "pulls" I've tried everything

Alright:

-1983 Volvo 245 LSx swap
-B&G Coils
-brand new KYB's
-Brand new balljoints
-brand new tie rod ends
-brand new end links
-new strut tops bushings

YES I got an alligment, and it's now spot on.

The car will drive straight and just fine on smooth roads typically, but will at times for no reason almost jerk either left or right...typically when a wavy/rough road.

I feel like I lowered the car properly, no cut corners.

Last edited:
Lowering these cars usually means you have removed caster and introduced bump steer, wander happens.

Kaplhenke makes nice quick steer roll corrector which help with the bump steer, and caster is a function of the "rake" of the chassis and the inclination of the front struts.

Just to be that guy, you can in theory put the lower balljoints on the wrong side, (or the balljoints for the manual rack cars which have less caster to begin with) but whoever aligned it should have caught something like that.

These cars have so little caster to begin with, and when we lower them, we usually lower the front more than the rear, effectively removing caster.

What is the tire pressure? What kind of tires and wheels are you using? Is there any chassis bracing on the front of the car?

Also KYB shocks have rebound setup for stock tires and suspension and the more performance oriented your setup the worse those shocks are. Only adding to the bump steer that you experience.

What is the tire pressure? What kind of tires and wheels are you using? Is there any chassis bracing on the front of the car?

Also KYB shocks have rebound setup for stock tires and suspension and the more performance oriented your setup the worse those shocks are. Only adding to the bump steer that you experience.

good point, I never considered that.
I'm running Ocean mk18's and 225/40/18's all around at about 38-40psi.

within a week however I'll be "downgrading" to Corsa Velosita wide steelies and will be running 225/50/16's instead, might help

Lowering these cars usually means you have removed caster and introduced bump steer, wander happens.

Kaplhenke makes nice quick steer roll corrector which help with the bump steer, and caster is a function of the "rake" of the chassis and the inclination of the front struts.

Lowering these RWD bricks destroys the front roll center. Restore joy and "handling" to your ride..... install the QSRC's and return to the front roll center the Engineers designed your vehicle with.

I will say your "spot on" front alignment goes out the window with the QSRC conversion.... but you'll thank yourself for sending Ben the money.

good point, I never considered that.
I'm running Ocean mk18's and 225/40/18's all around at about 38-40psi.

within a week however I'll be "downgrading" to Corsa Velosita wide steelies and will be running 225/50/16's instead, might help

Reduce the pressure to 28-32 and take it for a spin, that's way too much pressure for 18's.

I have no steering wander on b&g

Did replace all the bushings but even before then I had no issues

I don’t have klepenkie steering things

Not do dis on Ben. His steering things are nice... but I have to agree. I never had a problem after lowering mine.

However, I ran -1.5 degrees of camber on both sides (you'll have to notch the strut towers or buy Kaplhenke Adjustable Strut Mounts to make this happen).

Last edited:
Check the Front Hub bearing nut tightness, if its too loose you will have these issues. Do this and post back your results.

Back