• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I'm a sick, sick man...

Chris_R

Kickin' rocks in sandals
So I guess my illness is running it's course.
96 960.

100_0516.jpg

100_0517.jpg

100_0513.jpg

100_0515.jpg

100_0514.jpg

Seems like the intake manifold is leaking somewhere - She drives out good, but idles like crap. No biggee - it let me work 500 bucks off the asking price! :rockon:

Next stop is WalMart for some Oops and a razor blade... Stickers - Blech!

Nice buy man. hope it serves you well.

1. Kill/destroy/eliminate/gut the hot air flap mechanism in the air box.
2. Change all "lifetime fluids" (atf, PS, coolant, gear oil).
3. Remove the flame trap.
4. Plugs
5 Fix vac leaks
6. Enjoy the ride.

now you've got what, only two or three more cars before you own every single iteration of volvo wagon? :-P

good find, how much didja pick it up for?

now you've got what, only two or three more cars before you own every single iteration of volvo wagon? :-P

good find, how much didja pick it up for?

yep, just a few more... and I'm looking for them! :-P

Asking was originally 1500, drove it home for a G. :badboy:

Nice find Chris_R ...... which one is going to be your DD? And please post more of your silver wagon, I can't recall seeing you post much about the silver one. :cool:

g@ttigang

Well, let's see... The DD is the silver wagon. My wife will likely pick up the 8 or the 9 (once the 9 is fixed and the 8's motor is back together).

Then I have a daughter about to turn 16 in 8 months...

The silver has most of the details here:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=65630

I have seen that thread man, just wondering if you have any more updated pics of her.

You have a daughter that's going to turn 16? Yikes! Which one will you let her drive? Or do have anymore in your stables that your not telling us about. :lol:

g@ttigang

g@ttigang

yep, just a few more... and I'm looking for them! :-P

Asking was originally 1500, drove it home for a G. :badboy:

you ARE sick.

not nearly as sick as the person that sold that though.:wtf:

here, that car would have no paint, no motor, no seats, no wheels, and would still be spoken for to the tune of 2 g.

Gatti: The 7 has 2 surprises on the way... So don't tell her that a 15g is being reclocked for her, k? ;-) She's also getting an aluminum hood off the parts car I bought. Shhhh...

jumpy, Seats/interior = GORGEOUS, paint/body notsomuch. Actually, the paint is good except where the PPO crashed it into stuff. :-P

I have to put my Cetus wheels w/tires on it and clean it up a bit, fix the intake... Then see here we are.

Last edited:
So I guess my illness is running it's course.
96 960.

100_0516.jpg

Seems like the intake manifold is leaking somewhere - She drives out good, but idles like crap. No biggee - it let me work 500 bucks off the asking price! :rockon:

Next stop is WalMart for some Oops and a razor blade... Stickers - Blech!

AWESOME buy man! Look like it just needs the bumpers painted and the rest of the paint buffed and waxed. As for the intake manifold; it's probably the intake manifold gasket (to head) which is a fairly common failure on until they introduced a better (green) gasket in '97 or '98 (my V90 has the green gasket). The older gasket that tends to fail is orange. Anyway, that's likely the problem, and an easy fix. Other then that, follow tjts1's instructions and you should have a very happy 960. Great car :) How many miles on it?

Back