• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Another round of name these Volvo parts!

2turbotoys

Salaminizer
So I found a couple things while going through a large old school Volvo parts stash that I couldn't identify, anyone know what they are? I apologize for the pic quality, it was in a cramped little space at the peak of the roof.

The first one is obviously a front fender, but for what? They thought it was for one of the 1xx cars, and the big clue is the shape of the light hole. There are a few of these fenders, NOS in primer

2ERD6psl.jpg

Q3qOjARl.jpg

f0cVo4hl.jpg

Second thing, some weird little Volvo brand tent looking thing, I know the pic is really bad but should be enough to ID it I hope:

A6taW2fl.jpg

Yeah I guess 140 series on the front fender also. That tent thing is a top of the car cargo carrier thing. I've seen those before. Works on any car with the gutters usually.

?73+ 140 fenders. When they ditched the side markers.

:nono:

'73-'74 fenders have a larger hole higher up for the turn signal. The one you found fits '67-'72 140's like the car in Andrews sig. The side marker light hole isn't cut out so the fenders will fit the earlier cars that only had reflectors.

1002156.jpg

1002158.jpg

Technically, '67-'69 fenders were different because the wheel opening was smaller but they were updated to the '70-'72 fenders.

Technically, '67-'69 fenders were different because the wheel opening was smaller but they were updated to the '70-'72 fenders.

Splitting hairs here...but didn't the wheel opening revision happen in '71?
I know my '70 145 (that I'm pretty sure has the original fenders) has the smaller opening.

OP, to id the difference, you can measure from the top of the wheel arch to the center of where the chrome trim would go above it.
IIRC, it's pretty easy to distinguish the two different fenders as the difference is about an inch.

No idea what the "tent thing" is.
Maybe a cargo bag that attaches to the roof rack on a wagon or a trunk rack on an 1800?

Splitting hairs here...but didn't the wheel opening revision happen in '71?
I know my '70 145 (that I'm pretty sure has the original fenders) has the smaller opening.

You are correct sir. After checking the parts catalog it looks like they were used on early '71's as well.

The fender in the first post is a later ('71-'72) one. Compare the distance between the top of the wheel opening and the trim line to these early cars.

volvo-140-volvo-140-142-volvo-142-144-volvo-144-145-volvo-145-gothenburg-pic3-1024x819.jpg

2ERD6psl.jpg

Back