• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Inspiration for 740s

Are those two in the photos above your own newly matched pair; 4 & 5 doors? I don't know how practical they are for un$prung weight, altered geometry, center of gravity, scrub radius, ride quality, durability or drastically expanded tire prices- but if those are Polaris or the copies- I don't care- they are visually THE most visually attractive wheels on the planet, at least aesthetically. None compare.

No, I just have a thing for greyscale 7's is all it appears... I've posted a few others... That wagon is a darker grey and the sedan is a lighter grey. Mine are both 130-1 Anniversary Silver. A set of Polaris' will be on my wagon next spring though... :oogle:

325288-3091023.jpg

325288-3091026.jpg

Some Inspiration.

My 740 GLE.

noticed a few of these cars had later model 740 tails swapped, anyone have a diagram or can take a pic of the taillight conversion wiring? mine are acting funny. rear fogs blow fuse in reverse, pass side is way dimmer than driver and rear fogs light up when brake is applied.

yeah I forgot to mention the previous owner bought those adapters so it must be somewhere in his wiring before the adapter where things are messed up. do those harnesses come with some sort of diagram for the slide type adapter that's on the old style harness that slides onto that circuit board on the conversion harness? If any of you can help me you'll be my new hero on turbobricks, though that isn't really saying much considering I don't know $h!t.

Well then I'd just measure what wire does what and look on the circuit board where that wire would go. That's what I had to do when I got US taillights on my 744.

I cut and spliced the old wiring onto the new connectors when I did the conversion on my 760

volvowiringdiagrams.com

thanks for the link, im gonna try and take a look at both the early model and a newer model diagrams to see if I can figure out what goes where. hopefully that'll solve my problems.

Back