• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

DIY Cherry Turbo lower brace?

If you stacked the car up hard enough to buckle the EMT it would be a moot point anyway.

Probably true. The torque rods and trailing arms are thinner walled than schedule 40 and hardly larger in diameter and those links see far more stress than a lower chassis brace.

Just providing info. josh is one of The few Volvo vendors that has never disappointed me with their products

Yeah I'm just wondering because the cross members to the subframe are pretty much straight, while cm to the bushing holders are slightly more diagonal. Don't know if the angle of the brace helps with flex.

I made some with about $10 worth of hardware store crap.

yDhUICqh.jpg

A cross brace would be pretty easy, if you have a welder.

Probably true. The torque rods and trailing arms are thinner walled than schedule 40 and hardly larger in diameter and those links see far more stress than a lower chassis brace.
I overdid it on the control arms too as they are plated in with 3/16" x 4" flat bar. I'll take some pics when I'm swapping on my autocross tires this weekend. Materials used were free from work, this had a lot to do with choices made, labor is TB 17?/hr.

Back