• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

high powered b230 piston choise

Here is that Setup i was talking about

they bore up the cylinder and pressed a bush in,
smaller bore pistons
with a penta crankshaft
result 2.4 l
that can handle 500+ Whp trustfully for daily use
and handles more pressure
they guy was asking around €2000 for the whole package

Time for a thread revival,

Does anyone know why John isn't answering PM's or emails ? I need to purchase pistons+rods and cant get a hold of him.

Thanks

I don't see any number in his sig. I am in France anyway, i don't even know if it is night or day where he lives so i would not call him, even less if he is at the hopital, that's for sure.

Thank you mocambique but i have a job and a life, and even if TB is full of great threads, i can't read it all. Why the **** people always need to play it tough and sarcastic because they hide behind their keyboard is beyond me.

59209107.jpg

Sorry, I can't help thinking of this movie everytime someone says they're from France. I bet there's some other swedish companies as well that would be easier for you to get pistons from. Not that John Vs are not worth getting, and I know he ships internationally.

I don't see any number in his sig. I am in France anyway, i don't even know if it is night or day where he lives so i would not call him, even less if he is at the hopital, that's for sure.

Thank you mocambique but i have a job and a life, and even if TB is full of great threads, i can't read it all. Why the **** people always need to play it tough and sarcastic because they hide behind their keyboard is beyond me.

He's like -8 or -9 hours from France so if you call at 21h00 it'll be noon for him.

Time for a thread revival,

Does anyone know why John isn't answering PM's or emails ? I need to purchase pistons+rods and cant get a hold of him.

Thanks

Cause I was just in hospital for a operation and I have been very groggy and on top I have 2 girls home from school sick....pobre mio----today I am a bit more alert and I have ciggarettes and tea, I?ll go find your email and send something NOW..

Sorry

No worries John, it's just that you wrote me a nice PM few weeks ago and then nothing. I was wondering ;-)

18256990.jpg

stock mahle pistons will handle 400hp as long as you have the tune dialed in. haven't you seen how beefy stock are? A member on her made 670whp on stock

He recently dynoo'd 932 hp ;-)
Still with stock b240f pistons, stock headgasket and b21 head bolts.
And 43.5 psi of boost!

That was not a joke!

I've seen the thread too! And some discussion about rpm/sec influence on the numbers (600-1000), which is of course relevant but I can't help to be amazed by the numbers! Super nice stuff.

Also there is a thread with comparison of cylinder liner/bore wear between stock-ish and aftermarket pistons. Whole different can of worms!

Havent been online for a while...
The engine still isnt finished..
Im starting over again and want to make somthing of what i have laying around.
I wrecked my old b230ET,
Trying to pass over stuff to an flushed low milage empty FK block.
Now ive got another FK laying around.
Is it wise to swap the FK rods/pistons
Or swap the ET rods and pistons
The parts of the ET ar already out of the engine.
Plan was to make a small 260/300 HP with a 16T turbo i recently bought for nothing.
And what Cam will work best.
Ive red about the M cam...

Sorry for bumping up this pretty darn old post guys

You have read about the M cam so know to chuck it into teh scrap pile. Of the factory cams teh A cam is a good choice for a broad power band from idle up.

As to the rods and pistons the FK's are the not soo silly weak 13mm ones so use them. The 9mm rods are good for nothing

Back