• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Serpentine Belt in 240

DCOE 240

Ok just got done with a little project ive been working on for the past couple of weeks. i wanted to run a newer style AC pump and alternator and i had all the accessories from a 95 850 so after a few trial and error came up with this set up.

IMG_2416.jpg

first i had to machine the front pulley from the 850

IMG_5606.jpg

Then find a water pump pulley that would work
/Users/aaronmurray/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Previews/2011/08/15/20110815-174457/IMG_0211.jpg

Trim around the timing gear

IMG_8150.jpg

Make a bracket and some spacers

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_6362.jpg

and the finished product

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

Hope the photos work first time posting photos

Photos didnt work still trying to figure it out sorry

Got it

Last edited:
one of the mechanics at work did this too on his 242GT. I'll have to try and get a picture of it, it's really cool looking...

Parts list is pretty simple. The crank pulley, alternator, power steering pump, ac pump, tensioner, and bracket is off a 95 850. Crank pulley had to be machined in the center and 6 new bolt holes drilled. the water pump is off a 4 cylinder ford mustang mid 90's 5.0 style, and the bracket and spacers i made. The fitting on the power steering pump is a 16mmx1.5 o-ring to -6am (Russell part number 648060 from summit) and at the rack is a 14mm to -6an banjo fitting also from summit.

Last edited:
Is there enough surface area on the crank pulley?

That would be my concern. The overall mod is awesome, but the belt should be routed so that it travels over a greater area on the crank pulley. Shouldn't be too difficult to realign the belt pulled up between the crank & the AC instead of around the outside. Not really any room to do that on the WP side of things.

I made a modified setup to adapt the '99- tensioner setup to my '98, and came up with two versions, the first is simpler, since in my case it does away with the idler used thru '98 - but requires a dual-ribbed belt instead of the single sided used -98

XRB5245TBeltRouting2.jpg

IMG-8288.jpg

XRcustom-IPSmount.jpg

Maybe if you use the '99 tensioner which sits much lower, you can re-route a longer belt,since you need to provide for the WP over on the left.

Last edited:
Back