• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kyle's orphan 220 amazon wagon

The LED based ones are pretty good too. I did a set (I’d have to check what brand) in my c10 because I didn’t want to add a relay kit (and the truck only has a 37amp alternator) right now. The LED lights require so little amperage they worked great in my situation. Maybe not quite as good as the h4 but it’s no longer unsafe to drive at night.

Getting 7" round LEDs makes a lot of sense nowadays, that's for sure. If you get the right ones, they will outperform even projector HIDs.

Another option (for those of us running e codes with nonstandard housings) is to run a reflector-specific HID kit from Theretrofitsource. Main benefit is that the beam pattern and cutoff are great, current draw is relatively low, and you can get them in a color temperature that does not look dumb.

I tried vintagecarleds bulbs on e-code housings but was not happy with their performance. Not sure about other suppliers. H4 LEDs in anything less blue than 6000k are also impossible to find.

/sorry for OT

The Truck Lites would probably work actually. Especially when you see a Whiteblock under the hood. Wait...it's not VVT so I guess it counts as too vintage for LEDs :lol:

I mean idk if it's really "quiet" but it's much better than before. I don't worry about hearing damage on the highway now lol

I need to get a video hosted, I'll try and work on that soon

Bet it still sounds great now and mellower, loud doesn't always sound good. I used only the 14" Borla 2.250" you mentioned behind a KR Trimmings 4-2-1 header followed by only a 30" pipe that exits just behind the door on the 1800S and it is relatively quite and mellow sounding until its given quite a bit of throttle. By short shiffting it around town and in the neighborhood it doesn't really annoy everyone. On the highway at 4K rpm with the windows open it still sounds very nice, and isn't harsh - these mufflers are worth what they cost and the clamps they make are the best that I have ever found.

That sounds similar to what I've got going on. I think the biggest problem with the car now is the pipe terminates in a turn down right at the end of the bumper, and the sound is echoing back into the cab. This is amplified by the fact that it's a wagon. So in my mind the way to solve it is sound deadening. The car currently has none at all in it, and that's got to make a difference.

So I've expressed my feelings about the stock seats in this thread before, and finally I had enough of them. Even after replacing all of the bands I still had wires in my back on hard acceleration, plus they are super bouncy with how much stiffer the suspension is from stock.

I looked all over for something that would be "period" but still sporty, and I landed on the Classic CS seat, made by Cobra. It's a replica of some old 911 seats or something. The interior is still in shambles but here's a couple pictures:

JMvlmUE.jpg

XP9tA94.jpg

I'm really really happy with it. I was just trying out a single one for starters, I may just have to order the second one now. I can drive the car aggressively and I don't feel like I'm bouncing out of the window. The only thing not great about them is there isn't much (any) upper body bolstering, but I've gotten over it. I don't have any pictures of the brackets but it was pretty easy. Just some angle iron welded to the stock tube that mounts to the floor. It sits well in more or less the same position the factory one did.

I've been eyeballing these as a future upgrade as well, they are modeled after the early 911 Recaro's so honestly they are period correct for the Amazon. Even though I have 123GT seats I'd at least like a driver seat for more spirited competition driving. Thanks for sharing!

I've been eyeballing these as a future upgrade as well, they are modeled after the early 911 Recaro's so honestly they are period correct for the Amazon. Even though I have 123GT seats I'd at least like a driver seat for more spirited competition driving. Thanks for sharing!

I've had the same idea but I'm not sure what I'll do on the passenger's side. Mine has the recaro tilt mechanism on it as well same as the GT had. The biggest issue in this car is my tunnel is so high now I can't fit the stock seats in that well, they basically sit on the tunnel. This seat is so much narrower at the bottom I've got loads and loads of room.

It looks very nice, how comfortable is it after driving an hour or longer?

I need to get a racing seat for the 1800s that will work with a 6-point harness. Have looked at Cobra seats in the past. Also have been checking out GTS Classics seats @ https://www.classiccarseats.com/index.php The Cobra seats have a tubular frame which is better than the built up steel framework weldment the GTS seats have.

It looks very nice, how comfortable is it after driving an hour or longer?

I need to get a racing seat for the 1800s that will work with a 6-point harness. Have looked at Cobra seats in the past. Also have been checking out GTS Classics seats @ https://www.classiccarseats.com/index.php The Cobra seats have a tubular frame which is better than the built up steel framework weldment the GTS seats have.

Honestly it's pretty comfortable on long rides. The only thing I noticed is I had to lean it back a good ways, otherwise it felt like the seat was pushing my upper back forward. After adjusting that however it's quite comfortable. I will say however the top of the seat is super narrow, narrower than anything elses I've sat in. That took some getting used to, but I really don't mind it now.

So I'm exploring third brake light options for this thing since ya know...they went for looks over brightness with 60s lights. I settled on this for now:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MH52CMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Forgive my shop being a disaster, I'm a glutton for punishment on car projects.

lagKxom.jpg

Y908tYz.jpg

I'm...idk. It does what I want it to do and it's not super noticeable, I guess I'm just not sold on it. It'll stay on there for a while and maybe it will grow on me. For the minor time invested and the cost though it's absolutely fine. My first idea was what you see here, the only other thing I have in mind is to make a short one for the center of the glass and rapid prototype a housing for it. I'd like something that looks like an addition made in the 70s-80s, but I'm really just being pedantic.

Back