• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Getrag conversion

Sure you bet. The adapter goes between the getrag 265 transmission and the usual volvo redblock belhousing. Any redblock bellhousing will work as they all have the spot for hydraulic or cable types of clutch forks. You modify the clutch fork a wee bit by grinding out the inside a bit so it will fit over the BMW throw out bearing. You cut the center part out of the volvo bellhousing so the centering ring will fit and you use the bmw input shaft retainer. You buy the pilot bearing that works for the getrag 265 in redblock. It usually comes in the adapter kit. The kit has the adapter plate, the centering ring and the pilot bearing. STS machining here in oregon can probably set you up with a kit if you can't find one. Last year I scored a box of ten of the pilot bearings and I gave STS 5 of em. I also let them borrow my centering ring to copy.

Shameless plug whilst on the topic. Complete Getrag 265 with shifter, nice "TB group buy" adapter plate, a modified BH to accept the centering ring (rough completed) that I'll have for sale soon. Prefer not to ship the Getrag as the bastard's plenty heavy.... but I will if necessary. PM with interest.

Shameless plug whilst on the topic. Complete Getrag 265 with shifter, nice "TB group buy" adapter plate, a modified BH to accept the centering ring (rough completed) that I'll have for sale soon. Prefer not to ship the Getrag as the bastard's plenty heavy.... but I will if necessary. PM with interest.

Does that adapter work with a vertical redblock, or just stock orientation?

Does that adapter work with a vertical redblock, or just stock orientation?

The one I have is the stock orientation. I've not seen a commercialized Getrag adapter that offers a vertical red block. Perhaps the Swedes have done it.

I know someone who might have the Getrag adapter for a vertical mount for sale. I'll check with him and will report back.

Back