• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

Same here, love to work on the lathe but sometimes you just fck sht up when you're almost done.. part of the game :)
How is the mount on the axle gonna look like ?

Same here, love to work on the lathe but sometimes you just fck sht up when you're almost done.. part of the game :)
How is the mount on the axle gonna look like ?

Its very nice to work with the lathe indeed, but sometimes **** happens:-P Buts that some of the reasons its so fun, you can always improve your skills:)
The mount on the axel Im not quite sure on yet, but I might have a plan:)Hard for me to explain in english so you will see!

Finish welding the front bar, only grinding left

Welded the old engine mount holes also

And bought this from a friend, from 960 automat:)

Welded this for fluid out

Welded the mounts for the pump..****ed up and got som melting inside the treads:(So welded the hole and drilled new with new treads..As you can see its not in the middle..

Tested the pump

Grinded to mounts I cutted on the plasma some days ago

In the car

Roughfly cutted two pipes..Was really unsure if I should go for one pipe(looks cleaner I think) or two pipes(looks much stronger)
But now I have decided for two:)

Took of the intake manifold again, will test the engine and try to spot togheter the new intake manifold so I can weld it:)

Spotted togheter the fillingpipe with correct length

Should be tilted little bit to the back of the car and the tank will go 20mm down:)

Washer pump

Looking great ! The battery is going in the other side in the back?
This is a little late for you and your washer tank to change to an 850 rear wash pump but my 245 pump just failed and i have an 850 one sitting around and am sorting out fittings to use it instead as it was the rear washer pump it has the guts to push lots of water.
Great build!:cheers

Looking great ! The battery is going in the other side in the back?
This is a little late for you and your washer tank to change to an 850 rear wash pump but my 245 pump just failed and i have an 850 one sitting around and am sorting out fittings to use it instead as it was the rear washer pump it has the guts to push lots of water.
Great build!:cheers
Yep:)Will be a homemade batteri mount, have a cool idea for it:)Will see how it turns out!Will make the same "frame" as that one for the battery to stay on so I will make one more identical, but for the other side
To bad I didnt know that before:(But thanks for letting me know, if there will be a problem with too little power I will rebuild with a 850 pumo:)
did you end up using these? http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/volvobrage/Volvo 242 prosjekt/DSC05969.jpg

If not, why?

Your build is ****ing awesome.
No I didnt..I didnt like the look of it too much..I was thinking about doing a group a style reinforcement, but I decided to make it easy:)Whant to build some badass ones with adjusteble pipe and spring so I can make it lower without changing the spring pressure:)If that was understandable:-P

And thanks alot!!:)Really cool that you think so!

Inspiring read, makes me want to work on my car... too bad i'm a completely incompetent mechanic :p

Min 240 rusta isondt, s? an leve et par m?nedar, f?r an blir spiker... sko hadd dine sveisekunskaper, hadde eg sloppe ? hiva bilen :p
motorplanen e 5 sylindra me turbo? onna 220hk d??

Inspiring read, makes me want to work on my car... too bad i'm a completely incompetent mechanic :p

Min 240 rusta isondt, s? an leve et par m?nedar, f?r an blir spiker... sko hadd dine sveisekunskaper, hadde eg sloppe ? hiva bilen :p
motorplanen e 5 sylindra me turbo? onna 220hk d??
Hehe, rust er n?ke dritt!
Blir 2,0l 5 sylindra turbo ja, 180hk:)S? blir det litt meir gamp etter godkjenning;)

Took the car out to spot the mounts for the windowcleaner tank

One in place

And the second

Welded the fillerpipe

Fully welded the mount

Made one brakett to weld on the tank

And the water pipe have gotten some temporary paint

Welded the filling pipe on the tank:)

The lid is just placed on top of the pipe, but you can see about how it will turn out

Spotted the mount in the other end

Found three rubberthings I will use under the tank to keep noice away

Got a new intercooler, 600x350x102 cells..Also oilcooler, its 25 cells:)

For the gear mount I will make when I get the gearbox

Tested the plates for strutbar a friend of me made:)Fits perfect!

Got my stearing wheel the other day..Its in really good condition!

Grinded the "frontbar", needs some small detailing with the sandpaper machine still

Adjusted the new plate and welded it on

Think it will be much better space for the oilpan now

The plate ended up like this:)Didnt like the end where I had to cut after the modifying on the frontbar, but its good enough to stay under the car:-P

Bought this from a Nissan Micra K10

The 240 brakepump fits right on:)Only need to shorten the pin so I can get it all the way in

Welded the orginal holes

Marked and drilled new ones

Tested!Think I will save some space with this:)

Need to make 4 spacers in the lathe since the bolts doesnt have threads all the way in

Last edited:
I need one of those.

As I said, comes from Nissan Micra K10:)Have some more pictures of the fitting, just need to get them on my computer..

Cutted out the rusted piece and a new piece from "part" fender

New vs old

Spotted to make the final adjustmenst

Welded and grinded

Marked the place for the bolts and grinded the bolts for welding

Welded

Made som stainless shims in the lathe

Expanded this a few mm

Mounted the pedals

Finish:)Only need to cut the bolt in the "fork", as you can see its touching the pedal

Marked the fender edge for trimming

Had three holes with dents like this

Cutted the edge and straighted and welded the three holes

Did it like this in the back:)

Back