• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the heebspeed 940

HAHA...... Only john would remember that from two weeks ago when at the time of being drunk. John, you can plea the fifth on this one

The next morning there were two sad little beers left in my cooler, so I stuck them in Kenny's so they'd have some company.

ah, that probably wasn't one of them then, that particular companion came from a 6 pack. which just means I probably already consumed the others earlier :D

linuxman51;394c0951 said:
139156160.jpg

you cheeky rat bastard

I had it made. sam used one from an na downpipe and felt it was a little too thin. shouldn't be a really big deal to get someone to cut a couple out.

does well on sam's 8v. my fab skills blow ass though, first time for everything I guess. shoulda started with the rear runner and then moved to the front runner.

tacked up for a test fit on an 8v (fit well. I'll post those pics later)

139276788.jpg

going together, a showcase in ****ty welds:
139276790.jpg

both runners on there, even closer view of ugly welds
139276793.jpg

and welded up. bolted it back together and re-welded the support brace and let it sit and cool off
139276784.jpg

still have to smooth out the ends where I welded both on the inside and out. ding in that pipe was the result of grabbing the wrong hammer. meant to get the deadblow, oh well. I'm going to smooth the welds down a little bit and wrap the pipe, so it won't matter much as long as it doesn't leak.

smoothed out the ports and played with some new bits I bought last week.. they work great, woohoo.

test fit pics. if it doesn't work out like I want, I can re-purpose it for 8v use and pass it off one one of you bricksters.
139290128.jpg

side view:
139290126.jpg

not bolted up yet either, so a bit more vertical clearance.
139290124.jpg

Back