• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 1993 PAL fuse on battery terminal

RickATL

Does anyone know where i might find some info on options for replacing these?
I think its what causing my start, then stall problem. Throwing coolant temp sensor faults, but grounds seem to be the cause. I dont think IGN 60 fuse is making good contact?

Attachments

• 20190611_110644.jpg
    20190611_110644.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 126
I had some problems w them too esp w the ignition fuse. You can clean up the fuse blades and receptacles. As contact diminishes w age and corrosion, heat is generated until the section of the fuse box actually melts.

Good luck,

Marty

Yes, i think the ignition 60 is too melted. Im wondering if i can replace that one with a MAXI fuse inline.

Attachments

• 20190611_122852.jpg
    20190611_122852.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 113
When the terninal that is tightened onto the battery was too corroded. I used a gold plated marine battery terminal. It has the same size hole so I could bolt the cable and the fuse box on to it. You take out the wing nut bolt and use a regular bolt. Maybe a copper bolt in that spot would help things? Hmm.

I think the thing to do is probably get a PAL fuse box with the same number of fuses. Run a battery cable to it and bolt it somewhere nearby in the engine compartment.

I did see the Volvo parts in the catalog a few years ago as being available. Never did get a price for the fuse box though.

Now im thinking of these for just the ignition 60 amp fuse. Its the only one where the slot has melted so much as i think its causing problems.
Tp7eopbh1epdfquq7

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-06-11-17-06-55.jpg
    Capture+_2019-06-11-17-06-55.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 104
With nine colors each PAL fuse circuit could have it's own color breaker. Looks like a good comoonent. Maybe have a few of them replace all those fuses. Put them in the battery area and move the battery to the back of the car. Mine has been behaving since the battery terminal replacement. Hope you get yours sorted out.

Back