• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

performance 78' 242 gt

tommycox

in your opinion what would be one of the first performance upgrades i should do

A cam, header, and exhaust would be the easiest upgrades for more power if you want to keep it normally aspirated. You could also do the very easy +T setup that IPDCameron uses if you want to turbo it. PM him for pics and info on it. It looks very easy to setup and would yield you greater power than the items I mentioned before would alone.

do u wana stay n/a or turblow? i have a thread on my car. i stayed n/a for dubble the cost of going turblow....:oops:

Skip the header. Cam, maybe exhaust, maybe air intake (just make sure the airbox gets ambient air and the filter is clean/new). A few hundred dollars for a few small changes can make a small improvement. Lightened flywheel, head work, higher compression, and a header are expensive for small to moderate gains. There's no free lunch when it comes to tuning a B21F.

Better tires, better suspension, and lighter weight will make the car perform better.

here's what you need, biggest race wing you can find, the shiniest hub caps preferably spinners, lots of stickers, and a fart can so your not all show. Then all the chicas will love you.

Someday I'll contribute something useful to this forum but until then I guess I'm just a smartass :e-shrug:

IPDCameron isnt on the TB members list, any1 know how to reach him?

iPd Cameron

Feel free to email me at camerond@ipdusa.com or PM me here too. I'll help if I can. I won't claim expertise on longevity as I only have a few hundred miles on it, but if you're interested I'll certainly share anything I can.

Better tires, better suspension, and lighter weight will make the car perform better.

As usual, towerymt is right. A good suspension setup (read: not cut springs and blown shocks...) will make your car WAY more fun to drive. Think about when you have more fun driving -- when you're going in a straight line? Or when you're turning into a corner fast enough to make you giggle? :oogle: Make it lighter as towery said as well and you're well on your way.

Back