• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Most cam usable as daily driver. 12,5:1cr double solex

c.slopsma

Goodday!

I was getting tired of driving around with the slow piece of crap under the hood, So i modified the engine. 2.5 mm shaved off the head on a b23e bottom. Wich gets me 12.5:1 cr. Combined with the gt6 cam, ported head and double 45 solex carbs it was a blast to drive with the 180 hp.

BUT...

no where near drive-able. the engine would spit es much fuel out off the inlet as the exhaust below 3k rpm. Running only right at full throttle is not quite ideal.

So, now i'm thinking about getting a cam ground in sweden. it must be daily usable, Teach me on usable cams please!

Found something which might be interesting

I emaild KG and they recommended the original H grind for this setup. I took a look and saw they only sell H and then full race cams, So there recommendation seems logical. Nevertheless i would like something a bit rougher that oem delivered.

So this was the cam i had and sold again becouse it wasn't usable.

GT6 cam:

Intake - 290* at .020", 268* at .050", .471" max lift
Exhaust - 290* at .020", 268* at .050", .472" max lift
L.S.A. - 108*

I found this company who does regrinds, Folkraceshop.se. They appear to be having at least two grinds that seem interesting.

FS280:
Duration: 280? vid k?rspel, 245? vid 1mm lyft
Lyft: 11.5mm
Nockvinkel: 110?
Reducering av bascirkel: 1.8-2mm
TDC-Lyft: 2.5-2.7mm

FS296
duur: 296 ? bij het racegame, 276 ? bij 1 mm lift
lift: 12.2mm
Nock hoek: 108 ?
Reductie van de basiscirkel: 2.6mm
TDC lift: 3.7-4.2mm

FSV30
Duration: 298? vid k?rspel, 260? vid 1mm lyft
Lyft: 11.5mm
Nockvinkel: 108?
Reducering av bascirkel: 2.6mm
TDC lyft: 3.5-3.7mm

So the fs296 seems to be even more agressive as the gt6, So it should not be usable i guess. Is there any more info on the original H cam profile ?

Enem has a wide range of cams for high output turbo and high performance n/a all the way down to street performance cams. I would suggest something like a V16. Powerband starts at 2500 and goes to 6500 rpms. Or for even milder street engine a V15. There are also other good choices. http://enem.se/produkter.asp

Out of curiousity, what kind of ignition system are you running?
How many degrees of timing advance at idle and at full advance?

Out of curiousity, what kind of ignition system are you running?
How many degrees of timing advance at idle and at full advance?

I was running it with an original ignition. I modified the weights to run 15deg at idle and 35 all in at +- 3800. No vacuum advance. Did use a msd rev limiter set at 7k.

For now iam looking for a programmable ignition. Probably going to use efignition to run 4 seperate coils. Not tossing the carb's at the moment dough.

I've had contact with the guys from Folkrace and they recommended the FS280 as being usable as a daily driver. I'd love to hear some more stories from the guys drove something like that.

Hi
For a bit sporty cams u might want to check AGAP (swe) or CAT cams(belg) or dbilas..
If all goes well i would like to order a custom grind cam from AGAP.. 12.2-12.5 lift and 285 degrees of duration.

If you want the party to start a bit earlier something like a enem K13 or V16 n/a cams should work for what you are asking.

Last edited:

or maybe those -2,5mm from the head were not compensated at the cam? (timing)

Verry nice info you got there. No idea why i didn't find that wile searching. The timing was compensated, made an adjustable timing wheel for it. The plans already changed again. i decided to go standalone & Throttle bodies with a slightly hotter cam again.

Duration of driving game 298 degrees
Cam lift 11.5mm
Nock angle 108 degrees
TDC lifts approximately 3.5-3.7mm
Valve 0.35mm
Advantage track on camshaft: Yes
Needed lasch cap: Yes, 3mm thick is recommended

This was the timing gear i made:
3.PNG

Small manifold teaser.

2.PNG

Last edited: