• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2017 Photo Thread

We need fire starters too for that damp wood.

I wonder if we could bring a half metal barrel for an outdoor fire maybe on the gravel area where we had the chairs set up.

Not sure that would fly.. the caretaker is within eyesight and the sign on the wood shed clearly stated "No Campfires" :-(

Not sure if barrel/metal basin/dumpster fires count as campfires but I'd err on the side of yes.. best bet is probably snug up to Kenny's egg..

Not sure that would fly.. the caretaker is within eyesight and the sign on the wood shed clearly stated "No Campfires" :-(

Not sure if barrel/metal basin/dumpster fires count as campfires but I'd err on the side of yes.. best bet is probably snug up to Kenny's egg..

I could find out before next time. I'd be inclined to try it and beg forgiveness.

They probably don't want the dead spots in the lawn, and if the barrel is held up off the ground ( a few bricks) then it probably won't kill the grass.

shouldn't be a big deal, using a barrel for heat wouldn't require a ton of firewood really, relative to the out-of-control nature of a bonfire.

Well hell! This looks like a damn fine time! Provided my wagon and wallet are cooperative, Im gonna try to make it out this year!

Back