• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

92 240 Brake Lights

RasAdam_JAHMEN

Hey guys, i just had the weirdest thing happen with my brake lights. I was trying to figure out why the lower lights wouldn't get much brighter when i changed one white socket to the opposite light. It worked but i had it as a temporary test set up. My tail lights are hard wired so i just twisted everything together real quick. I then had to go pick somebody up and when i got back to make it permanent i found the wires burnt up and no brake lights. I checked the fuses and the brake light switch and both checked out good. I also rewired both lights and made sure everything was solid. The only thing left i haven't been able to check were the bulbs. Also worth noting, i bypassed the build failure sensor.

If anyone could help out with ideas that would be great, I'm about to just MacGyver in some sketch brake lights and just give it up. It would also help if someone could post pictures of their tail lights on and another with the brake lights on.

Thanks!

Hey guys, i just had the weirdest thing happen with my brake lights. I was trying to figure out why the lower lights wouldn't get much brighter when i changed one white socket to the opposite light. It worked but i had it as a temporary test set up. My tail lights are hard wired so i just twisted everything together real quick. I then had to go pick somebody up and when i got back to make it permanent i found the wires burnt up and no brake lights. I checked the fuses and the brake light switch and both checked out good. I also rewired both lights and made sure everything was solid. The only thing left i haven't been able to check were the bulbs. Also worth noting, i bypassed the build failure sensor.

If anyone could help out with ideas that would be great, I'm about to just MacGyver in some sketch brake lights and just give it up. It would also help if someone could post pictures of their tail lights on and another with the brake lights on.

Thanks!

You just need to take a deep breath and check your work. The dual filament bulbs are in the lower-outer corners (as not properly shown below).

92wdm40.jpg

92wdm41.jpg

Thanks for the diagram, havent seen that one before! I was thinking maybe there was a short that might have burned the bulb failure sensor bypass solder i had, but i would think if that happened i wouldnt have any lights at all...

Back